Oakleaf Partnership are proud to be working with a Global Communications business to secure a Norwegian speaking HR Business Partner to join their team in the City of London. You will need to be fluent in Norwegian to be successful in applying to this role.
As HR Business Partner, you will manage and support a wide variety of HR processes, providing comprehensive support to the regional HR team across all aspects including employee relations and assisting line managers and employees with professional, commercial, and pragmatic HR advice and support. You will be responsible for supporting the Technology team across the UK and Norway (c.600 employees), in conjunction with a small team of HR Business Partners and a Regional HRD.
Day to day duties include:
* Act as point of contact for UK and Norway based employees and managers.
* Keep up to date with Norwegian employment law, updating the team and relevant policies as necessary and acting as the go-to person for Norwegian employment law matters. Liaise with external lawyers in Norway when required.
* Employee Relations - Provide guidance and advice to managers as relevant on employment issues including management of performance management cases, occupational health and mental health cases, flexible working applications, family leave (maternity/paternity/parental, adoption).
* Manage some grievance or disciplinary cases if appropriately experienced with guidance from HRBP and support disciplinary and grievance processes, including note taking in more senior/sensitive cases.
* Provide support to any TUPE processes; support redundancy and termination processes including production of at risk and redundancy letters and Settlement Agreements, conduct of assigned redundancy consultations and management of failed probation cases.
* Manage cases fairly and pragmatically whilst identifying and minimising risk to the business and ensuring that Company and legal procedures are followed.
* Training and OD - Deliver manager training in conjunction with other HR Advisors; support managers in relation to understanding employee survey results etc.
* Recruitment coordination - end to end process e.g. working with line managers to understand requirements, kick off process, liaise with Resourcing to finalise offer for approval.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
* Coach and support HR Administrators and less experienced team members.
* Contribute to or lead on appropriate HR projects.
* Understand and adhere to Company policies to support and advise line managers and employees. Take part in the review and updating of HR policies, as well as the implementation of new and updated policies, including rolling out to managers and employees.
* Contribute to the HR team, recommending improvements to systems and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Relevant experience in an HR capacity in a busy environment including management of employee relations cases and knowledge of UK and Norwegian employment law
* Fluent Norwegian speaker with knowledge of Norwegian employment practices
* Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
* Proactive and curious, able to ask the right questions and constructively challenge
* Problem solver who can work autonomously and see things through to resolution with limited intervention but knows when to escalate or seek support
* Ability to research and analyse issues
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity