This role is overall responsible for developing and maintaining MI and reporting of key people metrics to enable analysis of business performance and impact of People team activity. It is a pivotal role to lead on data analysis within the team, helping drive decision making for People activities using the power of data and insights.
A global leader in the life sciences sector.
In this role, you will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. Data Analysts often make recommendations about the methods and ways in which a company obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
Using data analysis skills to build sustainable systems, processes, and tools to support the wider People team in recording, collating, tracking and analysing people data to provide clear, meaningful and relevant insight to inform and shape the people strategy to achieve business objectives.
You will design and implement data processes as appropriate to develop our reporting capability and produce MI on planned and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards and metrics. You will be expected to interpret data to spots anomalies and identify trends as well as provide insights on key activity areas as outlined below. You will need to work with key stakeholders across the People team and Finance teams and other management team members to discuss and clarify requests for projects and data, highlight issues and make recommendations for improvements. Using data visualisation skills, you will need to design and write detailed reports and make presentations to the team.
The Successful HR Data Analyst will have:
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Previous work with tools such as PowerBi (or other dashboarding tools like Tableau or Business Objects), querying data from excel or a database and visualisation skills into a dashboard would be beneficial
- SQL database query skills
- Ability to question and troubleshoot data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- A degree in the following subjects is beneficial in developing a career in data analysis: Computer Science, Finance/Statistics, Information Management or related fields
On offer for the HR Data Analyst:
- 25 days' holiday
- Remote working
- Competitive salary - Up to £57,000 (depending on experience)