Training Officer - Doncaster - Hybrid - £26,475 - £31,977 DOE
A reputable service provider to the public sector is looking for a Training Officer to centralise the training delivery and ensure all staff in residential are appropriately trained to do their jobs. This is a brand new role and as such will evolve as the service expands.
You will be working within a driven team that is Workforce Development to design and deliver mandatory and specialist training to the Residential Team and for the wider organisation where required . They are soon to grow from 6 to 8 homes and are looking for someone who will centralised the delivery system for all employees and manage the upkeep. Your role will begin with spending time with each team to build relationships and understand their needs. It is key that you have experience working in Learning and Development and have experience within social care.
Some of the key training that will need to be delivered will be:
- First Aid - Medication awareness
- Therapeutic crisis intervention
- Attachment theory
- Trauma informed practice
- To provide support to registered managers and residential staff to ensure that the model of choice for Reg 20, currently TCI is integrated into the homes.
- To assess performance against quality standards, using a range of models including sampling/ auditing case files, personal interviews, observations and thematic quality assurance methodology.
- To assist the Service Managers implementation and oversight of audit methods, reporting on findings and recommendations for continuous service improvement.
- Ensuring that practice is critically evaluated and reviewed, feeding back into individual and team development.
- To use action plan(s) arising from audit or need, design tailor made development packages for individuals and teams.
- To assist with the further development of the Service - in response to changing need or practice / legislative requirements - and with bringing about the necessary changes.
- To be involved in induction of new staff, identifying mentoring and coaching needs and reviewing progress and advising on management action.
- To contribute to strategic and operational developments of the residential service expansion.
What you'll need to succeed
- QCF Level 3 in Residential Child Care
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and delivering training
- Thorough and up to date understanding of the legislative, procedural and research base underpinning residential children's homes
- Understanding of the issues in relation to children in residential care
- Knowledge of models and methods of assuring quality
- Familiar with performance management and quality assurance agenda
- Interpersonal and facilitative skills
- Excellent written and oral skills providing the ability to produce professional reports which clearly articulate and evidence issues for children and young
- Deliver and contribute to learning activities to groups of staff and students
What you'll get in return
- Hybrid working
- 30days + Bank holidays
Interviews will be held 20th May
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.