Oakleaf are partnering with a highly successful US Law firm, to support the hiring of an HR Business Partner in their UK Head office in London, to support a couple of client areas in business services.
This role provides the opportunity to take on a front line, client facing role with a variety of client groups including IS; Marketing & Business Development; Knowledge Management, Document Production Services and Administration. As well as the business partnering aspect, you will also be involved in key HR projects.
* In conjunction with the Recruitment team, liaise with the client group to establish recruitment/resourcing needs and conduct interviews where necessary.
* Co-ordinate the annual salary review process for your dedicated client groups
* Work closely with the client groups to facilitate the performance review process
* Assist with succession planning and performance management.
* Coach and develop the HR Coordinator and Assistant
* Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance issues.
*Deal with welfare queries from staff and provide advice and information on the internal and external sources of support available. Ensure follow-up as appropriate.
* Acts as key stakeholder when implementing and reviewing HR/Firmwide policies.
* Actively lead in strategic projects, HR initiatives and departmental activities as appropriate.
* Keep up-to-date with external developments which may impact strategy e.g. employment law and where necessary undertake research in to policy development.
Experience and knowledge
* Solid experience working in a professional services environment at Business Partner level.
* Strong advisory skills with excellent knowledge of employment legislation.
* Solid experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
* Ability to influence and challenge at all levels where appropriate.
* Strong commercial and business awareness.
* Ability to deal with pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
* Enthusiastic, energetic and positive.
This firm are very comitted to a flexible working pattern, and honour a hybrid way of working, which they are happy to discuss.