Oakleaf are partnering with a leading global Law Firm, to support the search of a Lateral Recruitment Manager in their Partner hiring team Internationally. The team manage the recruitment process from retained searches, where senior management have identified a requirement to grow a particular practice area or office, through to speculative introductions to the firm.
The Lateral Partner Recruitment Manager will be primarily responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of lateral partner recruiting across International offices, to attract top partner-level talent to meet our strategic and business objectives. This role will play a lead role as the point person at the firm and be responsible for handling each lateral partner candidate's progression throughout the recruitment process, which includes from point of entry through the time of hire, and the seamless hand off to integration thereof.
- Proactively manage the sourcing of candidates, using market data as well as internal intelligence to capitalize on potential recruiting opportunities
- Keep abreast of market intelligence/trends and law firm news, which present opportunities for talent acquisition/s
- Work closely with Practice Group Leaders, Regional Managing Partners, Office Managing Partner and other key stakeholders in order to identify partner-level hiring needs, develop job descriptions and execute recruiting strategies to best fill these needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruiters and search firms and set-up regular check-in calls/meetings and negotiate, agree and administer terms of business
- Work with the firm's Marketing and Business Development team and others to develop and update collateral recruiting materials, including print, website as well as a presence on social media
- Schedule meetings for candidates, collect feedback and serve as the primary point person between the firm, candidates and search firms; coordinate Lateral Partner Questionnaire (LPQ) process, conflicts checks, background check and other due diligence
- Supervise and coach the UK based Lateral Partner Recruitment Advisers to meet business objectives
Skills & experience
- Minimum of 5 years recruiting senior and or partner level candidates in a professional services organization, preferably at a law firm
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills
- Must have strong business acumen
- Must be hands on and able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others as a team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working as both part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle competing tasks whilst maintaining good client relationships
- Calm and pragmatic approach to problem solving
Their goal is to embed flexibility across the business by giving everyone the opportunity to work in an agile way, whether as a regular pattern or on an ad hoc basis, and they are happy to discuss this further.