Legal PA Float (6 - 9 Month FTC)- Birmingham
INTERIM ROLE - Fixed Term Contract role
*You will need to be on a short notice period to be considered for this role*
Oakleaf are proud to be partnering with a leading provider of legal services for health in their search for a Legal PA to support lawyers in a float role across the divisions, covering for and assisting PAs during absences and periods of increased workload capacity.
This role is based in Birmingham but will provide cover for Legal PAs and support lawyers based in London, and other offices where required.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Preparing correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, faxes etc or checking those produced by Document Production Centre before being passed to the relevant Lawyer and undertaking basic/minor amendments if/where appropriate.
- Drafting general and basic correspondence; and
- Preparing various electronic bundles of documents including hyperlinking, redacting, bookmarking, and combining PDFs.
- Regular communication with PAs and fee earners, providing detailed handovers and updates when transferring from division to division.
- Liaising with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required.
- Arrange all client meetings, including client care meetings.
- Assisting lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and Accounts department.
- Requesting cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received
- Arranging expenses claims and processing disbursements.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous PA experience, preferably within a law firm.
- Experience of working as a Float PA is an advantage but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of One Place, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Files, Aderant, Winscribe and the Internet.
- Excellent telephone manner and, after training, competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply now!