An ER Specialist to join a national client in a remote / site-based role covering sites in Hampshire.
Your new company
My client are a national business with thousands of employees in the UK, working across 3 divisions covering water, waste and energy services.
Your new role
Reporting to a supportive Senior ER Manager, this is an exciting new ER Specialist role to join an experienced team. The successful candidate will cover multiple Hampshire sites and will act as the first point of contact for operational line managers on employee relations matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Using your expertise to provide specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation, including disciplinaries, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability.
- Liaising with the company's legal advisors in relation to more complex cases and supporting the ER and Policy development manager and external solicitors with the management of employment tribunal claims as required.
- Developing the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Utilising your coaching skills to develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of company HR policies and procedures, encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible.
- Proactively managing and supporting the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions.
This is a home-based role with regular travel to many sites across Hampshire. An average week will be 3 days home vs 2 days on sites. Working hours: 8.30am-5pm or 9am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday (including 30 minutes lunch).
What you'll need to succeed
You must be CIPD Level 5 qualified (minimum) with the following experience:
- An ER Specialist with a proven track record in managing complex trade union issues / disputes gained in a complex operational environment.
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist or ER biased role within a unionised and highly regulated environment with different trade union groups.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Have supported large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established business and a leader in their field, with support from an experienced team where you can further your knowledge and career.
Salary between £45,000-£50,000 (DOE), plus car allowance (£6,600), 25 days +BH's, employee pension upto 5% vs 10% employer contribution, 20% bonus (based on company / individual performance).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today on 07834 975318.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.