The successful candidate will act as a HR generalist, and provide professional support and advice to managers on employment issues including recruitment, absence, disciplinaries and grievances, terms and conditions, policies and procedures and employee relations.
Page Personnel have partnered with a growing and well respected manufacturing organisation based in Grimsby, who are looking for a HR Officer to join them on a full time, and permanent basis.
The HR Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive support and advice to managers and team leaders on employment issues including recruitment, grievances, disciplinaries, absence management and ER caseloads
- Creating and reviewing HR policies, procedures and forms for discussion with the HR Manager prior to consultation with line management and employee/union reps and employees where appropriate
- Oversee the recruitment and development of apprentices and ensure they are fulfilling the requirements of their apprenticeship successfully
- Utilising the HR, payroll, pensions, benefits, recruitment and working time systems and developing work practices to minimise the time required on administrative tasks using modern tools and technology
The successful HR Officer will have:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar HR Officer role
- Excellent knowledge and capabilities with Employment Law, and HR related policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with employees, stakeholders and union representatives
- Competent with developing and manipulating spreadsheets including pivot tables, VLOOKUPS and mathematical equations
- Understanding of payroll/HMRC regulations
- Bachelor degree and/or CIPD qualification is preferred
Full time and permanent position + £30-40k + 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) + pension contribution + private medical insurance + hybrid working