HR Manager - North Leeds What you need to do now
Hays HR are currently recruiting for HR Manager to work for a manufacturing company in North Leeds. The successful candidate will work in partnership with leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the business. Operating as an HR expert, to advise, guide and support staff and managers by providing high level people management and development support across the business.
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Providing expert HR advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR matters, supporting managers in dealing with complex casework, performance, attendance and employee relations issues.
* Providing advice and guidance to managers on employment matters; influencing management and the leadership around the people agenda to maximise service performance.
* Identifying HR priorities from corporate and departmental plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and delivering people solutions aligned to business objectives.
* Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
* Ensuring key stakeholders are informed / consulted on relevant changes such as restructures, redundancies and retirements etc.
* Projects or activity that supports the delivery of HR and departmental strategies and objectives, including working with third party providers, to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
* Analysing and reporting HR information to support with benchmarking and the development of HR strategies and solutions. Ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HR returns.
* Maintaining a clear understanding and providing up to date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates; developing HR policies in line with current legislation and keeping abreast of modern HR procedures and best practice.
* Supporting the development and implementation of pay and reward strategy e.g. through support with pay negotiations, production of annual reward statements, operation of annual performance review and bonus allocation process.
* Ensuring the smooth running of any working parties to facilitate the delivery of HR policies, projects and initiatives.
* Developing and maintaining good relations (informal and formal) with any recognised trade union and leading on negotiations where necessary.
* Directing and supporting the HR Advisors and Administrator in their duties to support the delivery of the HR strategy, including familiarisation of and overseeing all payroll processes to ensure staff are paid on time and correctly.
* Monitoring and supporting HR activity to ensure the terms of the HR SLA are being met. Addressing HR related business continuity issues.
Applicants must have:
* CIPD or equivalent qualification
* HR Management experience in a large complex multi-site corporate organisation, including policy development and talent management.
* Translating law into best practice employment policy, procedure and advice
* Experience in managing TUPE, redundancy and other relevant HR projects
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.