Great People Officer role to be based in a vibrant and supportive Human resources and Personnel function on an initial temporary period with the opportunity to progress into a more permanent role for this great professional services company working closely with the Health care sector based in the Cambridge area
The People Officer will assist in providing a professional and caring Human Resources service to all management and staff, in line with Company ethics, values and the organisations business and strategic plans. This is an initially temporary HR position to assist an experienced team with all the Human resources and personnel administration and day top day tasks.
As a People Officer you will be responsible for assisting in a range of the below tasks:
- Supporting colleagues through their employment life cycle
- Providing HR generalist support including sickness, performance management, long term absence, occupational health, working with the Head of People and People Director to deliver HR strategy
- Maintaining the UKHR Information System, including starters and leavers, and extracting of monthly KPI's
- Placing recruitment adverts, responding to applicants and maintaining the recruitment database
- Onboarding of new starters and ensuring all relevant documentation is complete, including Contracts and Offers
- Reviewing of all HR & recruitment practices and helping the Head of People to develop new procedures, policies and strategies as required
- Coaching line managers on ER matters and attending formal meetings
People officer Key criteria:
- Some exposure or experience in HR, recruitment, people or Talent
- Knowledge of HR, recruitment or people management an interest in developing knowledge in these areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions focused with the ability to problem solving
- Previous experience of working in a HR or recruitment role desirable but not essential.
- Unrivalled opportunities for progression across the Group
- 28 days holiday, increasing with length of service up to 5 extra days
- Recommend a friend scheme with great bonuses per individual referral
- Exclusive access to group and retailr discounts including money off gym memberships, travel, online shopping, gadgets and much more
- Reward programmes, long service awards and staff recognition and incentives
This Cambridge area based company promote a working environment in which equal opportunity and diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged.