HR and Recruitment Officer
Your new company
Are you looking to find an opportunity within a truly diverse working environment? A newly created HR and Recruitment opportunity has arisen to work for one of the UK's leading educational organisations. This role is a true generalist opportunity within a fascinating organisation full of history and heritage. This role will report directly into the HR Director and will work within a developing and successful HR team.
Your new role
This opportunity will be working on site within the education organisation and supporting the wider business with the key responsibilities across both recruitment and some generalist HR responsibilities:
- This opportunity is to oversee and coordinate the end to end recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Liaise with agencies and organise the advertising of roles internally Manage the recruitment inbox Screen CV's and complete first stage interviews
- Manage and maintain safer in recruitment in education training records Prepare job descriptions
- Support with the organising of the on-boarding processes Manage probationary periods
- Provide advice and guidance on employment matters Implement any legislation changes in a sensitive and just manner
- Ensure policies remain up to date Assist and respond to HR systems queries Processing of HR related system queries
- Contribute to the development and delivery of bite sized training, production or personal development plans and training need analysis.
- This role is a development opportunity within a highly reputable school and reporting into the HR Director.
- This role is site based with flexible working hours and the occasional home-based working.
What you'll need to succeed
- The HR & Recruitment Officer will need to be at ease in promoting the values of an independent school and be able to embrace and articulate the character of the school.
- To have a genuine interest in people and in providing a high quality, professional HR service to all employee
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisation skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to approach each task with confidence, commitment and diplomacy and producing work to a consistently high standard.
- Hold or be working towards CIPD qualifications, ideally Level 3 or higher.
What you'll get in return
Generous annual leave, flexible working, above statutory pension contributions, free meals, free parking and the ability to develop and a potential of further HR study support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.