About the role
Here at DS Smith we are looking for a highly skilled HR Business Partner who will provide support and expertise to our Paper, Recycling, Capex and Engineering divisions, areas of the business which are going through an exciting transformation. Working closely with senior managers across Paper, Recycling and Capex, you will help develop and drive elements of our People Strategy, managing key HR activities so that our people can continue to work effectively and push the business forward.
Utilising your experience, you will provide support on all aspects of the employee lifecycle; instilling HR functional excellence and continuous improvements within people processes. You will be motivated in supporting the business stakeholders on tactical HR related activities, with a passion for embedding HR best practices. Using your experience, you will provide advice on matters such as reward, talent, performance, change, culture and leadership. You will also be comfortable providing counsel on managing, mediating and facilitating sensitive employee relations matters to resolutions.
As well as the tactical HR responsibilities, you will play a pivotal role in delivering strategic change. Delivering effective change management is a key area to the role, as such this position gives you the ability to work with the Supply Engine Leadership Team to add value around strategy, creating a robust People Strategy that fosters a great culture.
- Experience of operating as a HR Business Partner, ideally in an international environment and matrix structure
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Up to date comprehensive knowledge of HR best practice and employment legislation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to engage with all levels of business stakeholders, including exec level
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Tools - particularly Excel and Word
- Change Management experience would be desirable
- Knowledge of Workday would be advantageous
- Salary up to £85,000, dependent on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Sharesave scheme
- Salary sacrifice electric car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme