Salary range: from £26,039 to £29,635 per annum (dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
Hours: 35 per week
Contract type: FTC for 12 months
We are seeking a HR Assistant to support our friendly HR Team. You will be the first point of contact in the team and will liaise with a range of different stakeholders from across the University.
You will undertake daily administration duties and will organise work priorities including:
- Providing basic HR advice to staff and managers
- Managing the HR in-box and escalating queries to the relevant colleague
- HR note taking
- Drafting a variety of letters and documentation
- Supporting the Talent Acquisition Advisor with recruitment administration
- Payroll inputting
The post is an essential part of the day-to-day productivity of the team. You will have knowledge of HR systems and a background in being able to input data and compile basic reports. You will have a good knowledge of HR best practice and can utilise your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide basic HR advice both in-person and via email. In addition, you will be a strong team player with a willingness to support your HR colleagues and the ability to quickly build and maintain productive relationships.
We are a small team, and this is a good opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied HR role within a supportive environment.
Regent’s University London is a private university right in the heart of Royal Regent’s Park. We offer bespoke undergraduate and postgraduate education that begins with the individual, focusing on each student’s talents, potential, and aspirations.
Our study areas include business and management; liberal studies and humanities; fashion and design; film, media and performance; psychotherapy and psychology; as well as pathway qualifications in English language and other modern foreign languages.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits for our staff including:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional discretionary closure days over the Christmas period
- Beautiful campus in the heart of Regent's Park, a short walk from Baker Street and Great Portland Street stations
- Membership of a group personal pension scheme with a 7% minimum contribution by the University, with up to 10% contribution by the University
- Loans of up to £10,000, to include covering daily travel costs, rental deposits and bicycles
- Benenden medical cover - allowing access to medical services where there is delay in receiving NHS treatment
- Employee discount service
- £5 a day allowance to spend in University catering outlets (when onsite)
- Free language classes (free places are subject to availability)
We’re Regent’s. We expect the exceptional. And we hope you’ll consider joining us for this exciting opportunity.
We are currently offering blended working (including home-based and flexible working arrangements) for most of our roles, depending on the team.
How to apply
Please provide a statement outlining why you are suitable for the role, referencing your skills and experience against the Job Description along with a current CV.
Please upload your documents in pdf format where possible. Our system will limit you to the upload of 4 documents only with a maximum file size of 10MB per document.
Closing date: 11:45pm on Sunday 15th May 2022
Our goal is to foster and celebrate a diverse and inclusive workplace with a sense of belonging; we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to consider your application if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this post.