Salary range: from £28,763 to £33,393 per annum (dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
Hours: 35 per week
Contract type: Permanent
We are seeking a HR Advisor to join and support our friendly HR Team.
You will be one of the first points of contact within the team and will liaise with a range of different stakeholders from across the University on a daily basis. You will provide advice on general HR operational enquiries and casework and will support investigations and any change management programmes. You will also assist with recruitment administration and visa and immigration work and will input data (including payroll) in to the HRIS.
To be successful, you will have HR operational experience within a large organisation and a background of providing advice and dealing with the first stage of employee relations cases. You will be an excellent communicator, confident in providing guidance and support to staff at all levels. You will display discretion and tact at all times, and you can work on your own initiative. In addition, you will be a strong team player with a willingness to support your HR colleagues and the ability to quickly build and maintain productive relationships.
We are a small team, and this is a good opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied HR role within a supportive environment.
Regent’s University London is a private university right in the heart of Royal Regent’s Park. We offer bespoke undergraduate and postgraduate education that begins with the individual, focusing on each student’s talents, potential, and aspirations.
Our study areas include business and management; liberal studies and humanities; fashion and design; film, media and performance; psychotherapy and psychology; as well as pathway qualifications in English language and other modern foreign languages.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits for our staff including:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional discretionary closure days over the Christmas period
- Beautiful campus in the heart of Regent's Park, a short walk from Baker Street and Great Portland Street stations
- Membership of a group personal pension scheme with a 7% minimum contribution by the University, with up to 10% contribution by the University
- Loans of up to £10,000, to include covering daily travel costs, rental deposits and bicycles
- Benenden medical cover - allowing access to medical services where there is delay in receiving NHS treatment
- Employee discount service
- £5 a day allowance to spend in University catering outlets (when onsite)
- Free language classes (free places are subject to availability)
We’re Regent’s. We expect the exceptional. And we hope you’ll consider joining us for this exciting opportunity.
We are currently offering blended working (including home-based and flexible working arrangements) for most of our roles, depending on the team.
How to apply
Please provide a statement outlining why you are suitable for the role, referencing your skills and experience against the Job Description along with a current CV.
Please upload your documents in pdf format where possible. Our system will limit you to the upload of 4 documents only with a maximum file size of 10MB per document.
Closing date: 11:45pm on Sunday 15th May 2022
Our goal is to foster and celebrate a diverse and inclusive workplace with a sense of belonging; we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.