The Human Resource specialist manages the day-to-day operations of the human resources in the business as well as the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR department will under direction, handle employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organisational development, and employment
Successful manufacturing retailer
The job requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- Recruiting and staffing logistics
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Organisation development
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relationship management
- Committee facilitation
- Company-employee communication
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, and wellness education
- Employee engagement
The HR specialist originates and leads HR practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture. They report to the Director of Learning and Development and assist and advise company directors and managers on HR issues.
Education, Training, & Certification
* Education: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or organisational development. A masters degree is preferred.
* Training: Evidence of training in employment law, compensation, organisational planning, organisation development, employee relations, safety, or preventive labour relations.
* Certification: Professional membership of CIPD or equivalent
Human Resources Specialist Skills & Competencies
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need the following skills and qualities:
* Communication skills: requires good listening, speaking, and writing skills.
* Organisational skills: Must be able to easily access and store many types of information on a daily basis.
* Confidentiality: Handles confidential and sensitive information that must not be shared with others.
- Based at the business head office in Falkirk. There will be the option to work remotely on occasion.
- The position is full time (37.5 hours a week)
- Parking available