Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. It's essential that we attract and hire the best talent, and retain them to build a solid foundation for our future growth.
We do not offer hybrid/remote working with this position.
About the role
As a Career Consultant in our People function, you will provide career development coaching to our employees within the RDD (Research, Development and Design) function, helping to prepare our internal jobseekers that are looking to progress within the company and looking at new opportunities. You will design, plan, advise, deliver, coach and facilitate suitable career interventions through a variety of programmes.
You will provide a career hub to our teams, building a host of career resources and services for our internal talent, guiding them through their career journey - both managerial and technical at Dyson. You will offer career and training advisory for various disciplines and levels within the business, applying and adapting coaching and facilitation techniques for career development, providing solutions to internal challenges.
Within the day to day of the role, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting intake interviews to assess the talent situation and needs of the business
- Customising career interventions and job search strategies
- Documenting and finding effective ways of connecting key stakeholders with emerging trends against KPIs, at individual and skillset level
- Supporting and driving the RDD targeted development programmes and initiatives
- Selecting and administering suitable career assessment tools/ Insights and Hogan assessments
To succeed in the role, you will need to build a strong rapport and work closely with our Business and Technical leaders, HR Business Partners, Talent Heads, Executive Search and Talent Acquisition teams, to reprioritise and reshape the Talent agenda.
Reporting into our Global HR Director, RDD & Operations, this role is based out of our Malmesbury and Hullavington campus, five days a week on-site.
- Either experience working in an Engineering environment as a supervisor / manager / technical trainer / career coach, or experience working in a talent development role
- Resourceful, proactive, enterprising, persuasive
- Training and/or experience in career development facilitation, human resource, psychology, counselling and/or coaching
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support