Oakleaf Partnership are currently working with a Global Digital Marketing agency to secure a new People and Culture Manager to be based in the heart of East London!
This is a brand-new role for the company and the first HR hire for them to work on a global scale. An excellent opportunity for someone looking to get into a growing start-up company. They already have processes and policies in place, however are looking for someone to take their HR function to the next level.
The role will be a combination of talent acquisition, staff development, nuturing culture and happiness as well as supporting on employee relations. You will also be required to work closely with line managers on various strategic projects.
Day to day responsibility will include:
* Working with Heads of Department (HODs) to standardise recruitment process
* Create and manage new starter onboarding process and documentation
* Work with HODs to standardise employee development plans, goals, and feedback cycles
* Ensure process is in place to promote staff recognition across the agency for good work
* Manage HR software (Lattice or similar) ensuring staff are using it correctly
* Work with HODs to ensure training programs are in place and documented across the agency
* Help nurture a culture that ensures employees look forward to work to achieve individual, team and companywide goals. Also promote a culture that reflects our company values.
* Run social committee to create and promote company team events
* Provide impartial advice and be the point of contact for any employee related matters
* Ensure they remain competitive when it comes to attracting talent (benefits etc.)
* Document and make freely available any relevant HR related policies/guidelines
* Support line managers on anything they need to support their teams
Skills and knowledge required:
* 5+ years HR / People and Culture experience
* Experience using HR software
* Advertising/marketing agency experience a benefit
* Knowledge of employment law
* A self-starter with good communication skills able to get by-in from key stakeholders on new ideas/processes
* A people person with clear communication skills, emotional intelligence, and a love of building meaningful relationships across the agency
* Able to stay impartial, see the big picture and provide well thought out advice and assistance
* Fresh thinking with a desire to make a mark
* Ability to connect with all levels of seniority from Grad to C-suite
* Able to build relationships with recruiters and external suppliers/consultants