Your new company
A transport organisation based in Leeds City Centre is seeking a HR Administrator to come on-board, joining their welcoming, collaborative team. A role that will provide excellent exposure to the HR world for an enthusiastic HR professional.
Your new role
As a key member of the HR Shared Services (HRSS ) team, the HR Shared Services Administrator will provide first line HR Administration, support and guidance to manager, employees and the HR leadership team. The role will support the Leadership team to maintain and prepare information relating to people management and to ensure that HR records are accurate. Working as part of a multi process shared services team and after appropriate training working across a number of processes. Working as part of change teams and virtual teams to deliver continuous improvement.
Duties will include:
- Ensure all HR administration is processed accurately, in a timely manner and with due care to company policies, employment legislation and the principles of GDPR
- Support local managers to manage processes for advising on return to work, absence, discipline and grievance.
- Build a sound understanding of HR administration processes and terms and conditions with support from the HRSS Manager and the leadership team, e.g. sickness absence, maternity and paternity leave, jury service with support from the HRSS Manager using guidance from the HR Steering Group.
- Monitor paperwork and information to ensure accurate reports are produced on time.
- Be prompt answering calls or requests for information and provide a prompt response to employee queries on aspects of employment.
- Deal with all queries efficiently and on time, ensuring accuracy and follow through to completion.
- Proactively provide suggestions for process development and system enhancements to improve the customer experience and increase compliance.
- Keep up to date with HR best practice and HR shared services activities in order to be able to respond to queries effectively.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal contacts, including the operation company Heads of HR, HRBPs, operations and engineering teams.
- Work in a multi-functional capacity across the Shared Service to fit in with business needs.
- Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by the line manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of working in a HR function.
- A team player, wholly committed to working with and supporting their peer group and other colleagues to achieve the organisation strategy.
- Knowledge of relevant HR legislation.
- Effective communicator and networker with the ability to quickly forge good working relationships.
- Organised and results - driven with an ability to get into the detail.
- Discreet with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career.