Group HR Director
City of London
My client are a start-up technology enabled energy management business based in the City. Due to growth, they are looking for an experienced HR Director to join them. As the Group HR Director, you'll help make the business a great place to work and grow. You'll be a champion of the culture, working closely with teams across the UK and Ireland. You'll work with business leaders, managers, and colleagues to develop and lead the deployment of systems, processes, and programs to help people succeed.
- Act as a strategic thought partner to the Senior Leadership team. Developing and driving People Strategy in line with culture, values and growth ambitions.
- Partner with and advise leaders and managers on all things people-related, such as performance management, employee relations, and organisational development.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to design and implement employee processes and create experiences, including communication, offsite meetings and internal forums.
- Manage the employee life cycle to include talent management and implementation; workforce planning, onboarding, training and development; performance planning, management development, performance improvement; and exit processes.
- Own the compensation and benefits programs and implementation. Regularly reviewing and benchmarking compensation and benefits against the market to ensure the business remains competitive.
- Maintain a deep awareness of employee engagement by carrying out regular company surveys and developing plans to address development areas.
- Manage organisational change projects including planning, timing and costings. Leading the project implementation and communication.
- Lead people related integration activities as part of the business's merger and acquisition strategies.
- Work with legal counsel and external consultants to help ensure compliance with employment legislation.
- In a HR leadership role that has supported businesses in achieving their strategic goals; ideally within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working in a start-up/scale-up environment
- In the implementation of people programs including performance management, employee relations, review processes, HR compliance, and employee development and growth.
- Experience of Mergers and Acquisitions would be beneficial.
- Open minded, transparent, and non-corporate in your approach.
- Growth oriented, dynamic, comfortable with a succeed or fail fast approach.
- Possess strategic, forward and lateral thinking.