The Benefits and Wellbeing Leader - Europe and Africa will have a responsibility for over 30,000 employees working across technology and consulting for this global firm. Working for the global head of benefits this is a subject matter expert level role for a global firm.
My client has been established for over 30 years and has a record of industry-leading growth, both organic and through acquisitions, with revenues of $16+ billion, and 285,000+ associates globally. With a global headquarters in the USA their Europre and Africa HQ is based in West London.
They work across over 20 different industries and have a rapidly expanding footprint extending in North America, India, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
The regional leader will be chartered with responsibility for governing, managing, implementing and administering the regional benefit strategy and programs for company employees / associates in Europe and Africa.
The regional strategy is part of the larger Global Benefits & Wellbeing strategy, with the regional leader working as part of a global team. The role will be responsible for the following specific areas, including, but not limited to:
* Insured benefits as they vary by country and may include (health, risk such as life & disability, flex)
* Policies - such as certain allowances, car policies, leave, regional addendums to global policies
* Retirement programs in certain countries
* Wellbeing Programs
Duties & Responsibilities
* Align and implement the regional benefits strategy with the global strategy
* Manage direct reports and develop the regional benefits team to achieve the overall goals of the organization
* Day to day management of multiple supplier partners and relationships (such as: regional partners of GBM, pension providers, ben admin system)
* Partner with procurement for the contracting/purchasing/ onboarding process, including process efficiencies.
* Lead and optimize the management, delivery, and administration of benefits programs and policies by assessing and transitioning work currently done by the COE that should be automated, transitioned to an external party, or to HR Shared Services (HRSS)
* Partner with HRSS benefits team to create a 'one team' feel between the COE and HRSS
* Through partnership with the broker, review benefit design and market competitive position of country programs in accordance with global guidelines and annual priorities to make recommendations in accordance with governance structure. Balanced with affordability, support opportunities to align policies to promote employee attraction & retention, D&I, market median competitive position, maximizing associates' productivity and engagement
* Manage spend for regional benefits, identifying opportunities and using data to inform recommendations. Address purchasing opportunities by partnering with broker on competitive remarketings and leveraging the multinational pooling strategy.
* Establish and promote process excellence
* Monitor and evaluate compliance requirements and changing regulatory and legislative environment to ensure any required design changes are implemented timely
* Must be a strong collaborator across functions with skills to successfully navigate a matrix organization being a trusted partner to Talent Managers, HR Business Partners and leaders, mobility, finance, legal, procurement, communications and M&A as required
* Action oriented with ability to drive several projects and priorities simultaneously, effective change agent.
* Develop and consistently deliver effective and clear communications regarding benefits programs/processes on an ongoing, proactive basis, including the online benefits portal, total rewards system and new hire and acquired business orientations
* Work with the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team in the region, to ensure integration alignment consistent with governance guidelines and appointment of the company's global broker immediately.
* Align the regional wellbeing strategy to the global strategy, managing regional programs, collaborating with wellbeing champions
The successful candidate will embody collective attributes which include business acumen, solution building, knowledge of works councils and European labor environment, communication excellence, and have career experiences required to implement change, navigate and influence decision making in a matrix organization.
The ideal candidate is someone who questions the status quo, and uses data, creativity, and analytics to explore alternatives, evaluate pros and cons and provide recommendations and alternatives for continuous improvement.
* Experience: minimum of 15 years' professional experience, in progressively responsible benefits roles, ultimately leading the European regional function, including direct and matrixed people management, in a large complex global company, with significant M&A experience and a demonstrable track record of organizational achievements
* Company platform experience: experience in a global, publicly-traded, Fortune 500 company with minimum 30,000+ employees.
* Excellent working knowledge of benefits related policies, laws and regulations, including experience with European requirements and GDPR.
The successful candidate for the The Benefits and Wellbeing Leader - Europe and Africa role will have the ability to work in the office, remotely or on a hybrid basis within the UK - They will command a salary of between £130,000 and £160,000 + Bonus and LTIP/Benefits.