Your new company
A fast paced, SME business are looking for an experienced people-person to join their team as an HR Manager. To be successful you will be driven, determined, have a flexible approach to work and be passionate about what you do. In this role you will oversee all HR functions including performance management, recruitment, payroll, grievances, disciplinaries, absences and training. Being commercial and practical with the business knowledge to back up your decision making is essential. This flexible opportunity based in Ulverston will offer variety within a generalist HR role for an established family business.
Your new role
- Providing advice and support to all Management and advising employees on queries and concerns relating to their employment terms and conditions, and HR policies and procedures. Specifically including: disciplinary, grievance, attendance and performance issues in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring the Staff Handbook and employment contracts are kept in line with current legislation
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Provide a focal point for the business on people related activities in support of recruitment and retention.
- Oversee and administration of payroll and pension scheme
- A customer-focused outlook with a high level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPD qualified
- 3-5 years HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Adaptable and flexible
- Understanding of HR best practices and in-depth knowledge of employment law regulations
- Able to work with a high level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary taking into account your experience and skill set
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Government pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.