We have a current opportunity for a HR Manager - Early Careers / DE&I on a permanent basis with a high profile global law firm. This newly created role will manage, support and guide solicitor apprentices and their supervisors ensuring successful progression through the apprenticeship programme and own Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) across early careers populations, working closely with the business to support, engage and retain entry level talent.
- Design and implement central processes for the development and successful qualification of solicitor apprentices
- Ensure compliance with SRA regulations to facilitate qualification as a solicitor via the Solicitors Qualification Examination (SQE).
- Day-to-day point of contact with the nominated training provider on apprentice matters including performance and absence management
- Provide ongoing support to apprentices, and their line managers, to ensure that apprentices are progressing well and any issues are resolved
- Identify and connect apprentices with appropriate external/internal networks to support apprentice integration and ongoing development
- Responsibility for DE&I within the HR trainee/apprentice team in the UK (including future trainees)
- Develop and implement the firm's inclusion initiatives in the trainee and apprentice population
- Identify and report on data and trends, relevant to the trainee and apprentice experience through a DE&I lens
- Attend campus events with the Early Careers Graduate Recruitment team
- Graduate qualification with CIPD or similar certification
- Experience of working with entry level talent and appreciation of various issues (e.g. wellbeing and D&I) that might impact performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and develop strong relationships at all levels
- Team player with the ability to work in a busy, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who takes a proactive and pragmatic approach