About This Role
We are seeking a temporary, part-time Lab Technician for the next 6 months who will offer support in collecting data and carrying out product performance evaluations during our South African citrus trial shipping from Capetown, ZA to the UK. The ideal candidate will be a team player and eager to learn, aswell as able to work independently.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What You'll Do
● Collect product performance data from testing on citrus imported from South Africa.
● Organize data in a clear format to identify trends and communicate results.
● Prepare written reports and presentations for internal and external parties.
What You Bring
● A diploma or Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, or a related field.
● Experience conducting scientific research (lab experience preferred).
● Effective written and verbal communication in various technical fields.
● Strong commitment to teamwork and experience working in diverse, interdisciplinary
teams in a fast-paced environment.
● A passion for problem-solving and development of new products.
● Ability to perform indoor and outdoor work in cold or hot environments, and the ability
to lift and move boxes of fruit (up to 50 lbs).
● Ability to travel locally.
Flexible working hours
Friendly working environment