This role is responsible for applying the global HR strategy, interventions, policies, and processes within Europe maintaining the principles but tailoring the approach to comply with local legislative requirements or cultural needs and sensitivities and organisational capabilities.
- Partner strategically with the business leaders on HR programmes that enable business strategy such as employee engagement levels, managing people challenges, growing employee capability and competence, achieving safety standards, mitigating human risks, and ensuring contingency planning generally.
- Providing leadership council, support, coaching & guidance enabling the business or function to achieve its goals, in line with the organisations global strategy and direction.
- Partner with the Business and global head of Learning & Development to identify and manage talent, including appointing external coaches, succession planning and leadership development.
- Lead the London HR team to support delivery of a highly efficient, cost effective and agile regional organisation and culture, fit for a profitable business.
- In consultation with the business and corporate L & D, develop and implement regional training plans to address general capability gaps and particular market challenges such as skills gaps & attrition etc
- Lead the local recruitment process, developing the appropriate and timely resourcing and rigorous selection procedures to ensure the right calibre of staff and cultural 'fit' are appointed to roles.
- Optimise the use of HRM policies, systems, tools, processes, and support in the region, covering the entire HR remit of the employee life cycle, (selection and induction phase, day-to-day working of all employees, concluding with the management of the exit procedure) and ensuring they are appropriate to the regional legal, cultural and competency context.
- Perform the role of day-to-day primary contact between HR and internal customer groups, on regional subject matter issues and communicate on employment legislation, systems, processes, practice, and trends pertinent to the region that should be considered within the working context.
- Acts as the regional employee champion with personal connections to the people and the ability to be affective as custodian of policy, mentoring of managers and the regional moral conscience for the organisation in human matters.
- Contribute actively to global HR strategy and performance in the form of design/enhancement of strategic and global HR initiatives and programs and for overseeing their implementation.
- Keeping the balance between building and always maintaining good relationships and the interest of the business as the primary objective, constructively and diplomatically confront and actively challenge where necessary and critically hold up the mirror to your senior leadership to increase their personal insight and ensure world class people practice. Represent the company conscience in matters of best practice, ethics, compliance and equality and gain respect as a role model for leadership standards.
- Pay close attention to the development and management of the divisional HR budget, reporting and analysis for the divisional HR, ensuring a focus on ever increasing efficiency's and value for money.
- Lead and manage the London office and all the services connected to that. Manage the Facilities Budget for London and Norway, Landlord and Vendors, ensuring value and efficiency are achieved.
- HR procedures and UK employment legislation.
- Own employee engagement to drive the implementation of company strategic initiatives locally and maintain employee morale. Manage Corporate Communications and Corporate events in London both internally and with customers.
- Comply with Company's policies and Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (CoBE).
- Capable of executing Crisis Management Responsibilities as required by role.
Experience: Proven track record as a strong HR Business Partner with a minimum of 5+ year's experience in generalist HR Holds a professional HR qualification, Exceptional knowledge of UK employment legislation, Exposure to business sectors within an international organisation, Fluent English.
Specialises knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic vision and understanding of business drivers and issues.
- Internal customer focus
- Sound judgement and analytical ability
- Attentive to details, able to identify and act upon trends.
- Excellent strategic partnering and influencing skills
- A strong coach and mentor.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Exemplary communication, conflict handling and assertiveness skills.
- Able to apply UK employment legislation knowledge appropriately, ensures compliance and uses knowledge to advise and coach senior leaders
- People management: experienced leader with the ability to motivate, delegate, direct, guide and develop a team diverse in skills and background.