HR System Manager, to £35k pa + benefits, remote, hybrid or Bristol office, 6 mth FTC, full or part time
Your new company
This superb organisation enables children, young people and adults with a learning disability, autism, or both, to live life in the way they choose. They provide high-quality, individualised support to around 1,600 people and have a staff team of over 2,000. Working in this value led organisation isn't just a job, it's an opportunity to be part of something life-changing.
Your new role
The key element of this role is to be accountable as 'super user' for the HR system. You will support the HR and People Services Manager with the end to end management of the HR system, managing all aspects of the system functionality, maintenance, implementation of changes, and the appropriate training and security levels of new users.
- Develop and maintain a customer focused HR system and processes to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Provide up to date training and support to new users of the system
- Develop and maintain appropriate manuals and process flows for the system and any associated databases
- Be responsible for system data integrity, running reports and audits to provide assurance and governance of the system use
- Be responsible for security access levels for all users and report any security breaches to the Director of P&OD
- Ensure data is held securely and in line with the Data Protection Policy and report any breaches to the Director of People & Organisational Development
- Be responsible for the ad-hoc reports and surveys as required and provide the data required in a timely manner
- Provide reports and governance information in a monthly report
- Communicate any system or process changes to relevant persons including HR system content on the intranet
- When required, to provide professional guidance and support to Support Centre Advisors to maintain and enhance service standards & practices
- Provide professional support and guidance on system usage to the HR team
- Provide technical support to the People Business Partnering team
- Provide information to the relevant Directors, in matters relating to the HR system
- Ensure the HR system is maintained accurately and in compliance with all legislative and contractual requirements
- Participate in the induction and training of new users to the HR system
- Identify and report items of concern and high-risk issues to the Head of People Services and Business Partnering team, specifically any shortfalls in compliance and ER risks based on the audit results carried out by the HR team
- Continually assess and improve on the HR documents and forms required for managing employee experience
- Audit the compliance of HR system users
- Contribute to the development of People & Organisational Development strategy and the overall strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of managing and reporting from an HRP database and track record of successfully reviewing and developing systems to deliver improvements and meet customers' needs.
- Knowledge of up to date HR system initiatives and management information systems
- General knowledge of employment law issues
- Customer focused problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Organised, able to prioritise a varied workload to meet deadlines
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, able to analyse and interpret data and produce clear management reports
- Strong relationship building / influencing skills
- Positive attitude towards people with learning disabilities
- Active involvement in continuous professional development
- Experience of current software systems/solutions and implementing new systems/solutions
- Experience within the not-for-profit sector
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Remote working, hybrid or in the office...the choice is yours.
There is full range of benefits:
Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it. Free DBS check if required. Pensions: Employees have access to a contributory GPP pension scheme or the NEST auto-enrolment pension scheme. Free life assurance cover of twice your annual salary to all staff (unless you're a member of the NHS or local government pension schemes, which have their own cover). Refer a Friend. Discount scheme for all staff. This includes discounted gym membership, bus fares and healthcare, as well as shopping perks like a Blue Light Card. Flexible working. Wellbeing helpline. Mental health support: As a Time To Change (TTC) employer we have signed a pledge to a national campaign to demonstrate our commitment to change how we think and act about mental health in the workplace. Health cash plan: discounted membership of the health cash plan, for staff and their families, this provides funding for medical expenses including dental/optical bills, and personal injury insurance. Occupational health support. Induction: When you first join, you'll have an extensive induction followed by structured training and support to ensure that you feel confident in your role. You'll have regular one-to-ones with your Manager to discuss your career aspirations to identify learning needs and develop your Individual Learning Plan. You'll have access to in-house training programme and also a range of external initiatives. You'll also be encouraged to take up a wide range of development opportunities and expand your experience and knowledge. All staff have access to qualified in-house coaches. Ongoing Learning Support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.