Head of HR
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job Reference: 22/19
Salary: £40,000.00 per annum
Based in: Hybrid working with office base in Liverpool
Benefits: 29 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, employer’s contributory pension scheme, generous sickness absence pay and other benefits
Imagine Independence is a leading third sector organisation, passionate about supporting people with mental illness, neurodiversity, learning disabilities, and behaviours that challenge to live as part of their community. Imagine exists to challenge the stigma that having a mental illness or learning disability still brings. Imagine supports people to live meaningfully by nurturing their individuality and recognising the power of small steps.
Every day, Imagine’s staff and volunteers generously share their experience, knowledge, and talents with the people they support. Through their focused dedication to Imagine’s mission, and the courage to challenge the status quo, people feel valued. They know they are making both the ‘everyday’ and the ‘extraordinary’ become possible for everyone. They walk alongside the people they have the privilege to serve, helping to transform lives, one day at a time. And they never give up.
Do you want to become part of this amazing organisation? Imagine now needs a Head of HR and this is a great time to join, as we continue to expand our services across the north-west of England and beyond. If you are a high energy, experienced and dedicated HR professional who wants to make a real difference to others, this could be the time to work in the third sector.
If you are looking to fulfill a HR role where your passion for excellence is valued, then please get in touch with Neil Donovan on 07816 131691 for an initial chat.
The role will report to the Assistant Chief Executive and will be responsible for working closely with operational managers to provide expert advice, insight, and practical solutions across the whole range of Imagine’s people management functions. As Imagine becomes ‘digital by default’, embedding paper-light ways of working, you will advocate for this important change programme, sharing your passion for it with your colleagues across the organisation. This is the principal HR role within the organisation. It will be supported by a HR Advisor, a HR Coordinator, and a number of HR admin assistants.
This role will include:
- Overseeing all general HR activity from the implementation of HR strategy and people plans
- Coaching managers to deliver their HR related duties to a consistently high standard
- Providing people related advice and guidance to the Senior Management Team
- Liaising on complex case management and potential litigation issues with the appropriate external partners
- Helping to embed the organisation’s values and change management programmes
- Assisting with any TUPE processes
- Leading on any other HR projects as required, including the roll out of Imagine’s new digital HR management system.
- Worked in a busy HR environment across a multi-site operation with significant generalist experience.
- The ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Managed complex ET cases.
- Experience of managing TUPE processes.
- Coached and advised managers in all HR related processes.
- Liaised with internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Qualified to, or prepared to work towards CIPD Level 7.
- Full UK Driving License is essential.
Imagine is a values-based recruiter and so it will be seeking to ensure that the successful candidate will align with the following:
- Meaningful Living: Using empathy to bring together diverse people and resources, to put the everyday within reach of everyone.
- Nurturing Individuality: Creating conditions that support people to be true to themselves and express their truth.
- Focussed Dedication: Showing up each day hungry to do our best to learn and develop. We never give up on people.
- Challenging Ideas: Keeping our efforts real and centred on what matters most, we do not settle for the ordinary when better is possible.
- Generous Sharing: Giving of ourselves, our experiences and knowledge, to promote and provide a great service.
CV’s are to be returned no later than the closing date/time either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 25 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BQ.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2022 at 5pm.
Interviews are currently scheduled to take place w/c 13th June 2022.
Imagine aims to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community