Senior HR Advisor Job - 12 Month FTC
Oakleaf are working with a leading professional service company who are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to come in and help support the HR advisory team. This is a full generalist role.
Working in the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business. You will act as the key contact point for all HR matters for People Leaders (PL's) in your business area, taking ownership of all employee relations cases of varying complexity.
You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor. You will work with the HR Business Partners and wider HRAT to deliver HR calendar activities and support strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the People function to provide a seamless and first class HR service.
This role is on an initial 12 Month FTC paying between £30-35,000 per annum.
Senior HR Advisor Job Roles and responsibilities
- Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders - including clients in the business, the HR Business Partner teams and the Centres of Excellence (CoEs);
- Proactively work to up-skill performance managers (PMs) and PLs in HR matters;
- Work as part of a virtual team with the HR Business Partner Teams and Centres of Excellence to deliver excellent client service.
- Resolve straightforward and complex people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate;
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
- Have a good degree of competency in applying employment law, keeping up to date with changes and legal advancements.
- Support PLs with HR policy and process e.g. Intelligent working requests, relocation;
- Advise on disciplinary, grievance and performance issues - including exam training failures;
- Be the expert point of contact for PMs and PLs for Performance Management issues. Support the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
- Coach and support PMs and PLs on the performance management process and approaches to give difficult messages;
- Understand, support and educate the business on correctly managing redundancies and forced exits.
- Scribe for disciplinary/grievance panel meetings.
- Build overview and demonstrate a good understanding of the entire S&B review; including the budgetary process; the firm's reward philosophy; and the numerous roles of leadership, the Compensation team, HRBPs, PLs and HRAT throughout the various stages of the process.
- Produce timely management information to inform salary and bonus decisions;
- Assist with surveying and benchmarking of salaries against internal and external comparators;
- Advise the business on the principles and the core business wide approach to be applied to salary and bonus review;
- Work closely with PLs and Recruitment team to identify solutions to resourcing needs, contributing where possible to a smooth candidate experience.
- Evidence some understanding of succession and pipeline planning including building development plans, setting goals and adhering to budget within their relevant business area.
- Conduct exit interviews where requested;
- Work closely with People Information team to respond to requirements for management information including staff movements, recruitment rates, KPIs, talent and exit analysis;
Senior HR Advisor Job Qualifications and skills
It is expected that you will be CIPD or part CIPD qualified or have the desire to study for the CIPD qualification. In addition you will:
- Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and external
- Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
- Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Be an excellent communicator - written and verbal;
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Have a proven ability in coaching
- Have strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge senior colleagues
- Demonstrate creative thinking and an innovative approach to projects / tasks.
- Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.
- Previous experience in a HR advisor/ HR Generalist role
If you feel that this Senior HR Advisor Job is for you, then please apply now!