Head of Talent & Development will lead the Talent function reporting to the HRD. Designing and delivering on a wide range of people development initiatives in line with the overall people strategy.
A unionised industrial engineering business in Sheffield with over 500 employees. There will be a requirement for the individual to be on site 3-4 days a week so commuting distance from Sheffield is imperative. Due to recent changes, this is a business in full scale transformation and change and as such it makes it a very exciting time to join them.
Head of Talent & Development will:
Lead the strategic focus for ongoing development and delivery of the people agenda
- Build frameworks, processes and approaches, that will enable the business to identify manage and develop talent on an ongoing basis.
- Be a collaborative partner to the SLT, supporting change and development of both the individual and collective
- Design and facilitate talent development initiatives and programmes relevant to development needs and to support the achievement of strategic plans.
- Build talent data and enable action-oriented conversations with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent.
- Champion and nurture leadership /management capability to develop talent, including having career conversations and creating development plans.
- Partner with leaders and managers across the business to embed a robust succession planning approach, maintaining succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for critical roles.
- Champion diversity and inclusion by supporting, educating, challenging and influencing the business to create balanced and effective teams with a diverse range of skills and experience.
The successful candidate for the Head of Talent & Development will:
- Be CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable experience of delivering Org development and leadership plans
- Demonstrable experience of implementing effective talent management strategies.
- Experience of working at both a strategic and operational level.
- Good experience of leveraging digital technology with in depth knowledge & understanding of key trends & solutions
The client is offering a competitive salary and package £60-75K plus bonus and pension