Senior HR Advisor - 6 month contract (to permanent after review) - 4 days a week
Oakleaf Partnership are proud to be supporting a creative communications company in their search for a Senior HR Advisor. They are looking for someone enthusisatic about making a difference, who is happy to get stuck into a variety of tasks in order to support the growth and success of this company. Initially, this would be a 6 month contract, but this is almost just a probation period as it will be definitely made permanent if the placement is deemed successful from both sides. This person would be working 30 hours a week (4 days) and they would be paid up to £50,000 annually (£62,500 pro-rata).
- Delivering high-quality HR transactional work including implementing joiner, leaver, employment change and leave processes.
- Alongside the other HR Officer, take ownership of the administration of the employee life cycle from recruitment/onboarding to exit.
- Maintaining the accuracy and quality of staff records and data held on the HR database/ HRIS and in any electronic or hard copy filing systems.
- Work closely with managers across the business as the primary "go to HR contact" for guidance, 1st line queries, provide coaching and counsel on all people management and operational HR issues
- Partner with the Payroll and Benefits Manager to provide data to administer the monthly Payroll.
- Support with the HR Business Partners with employee relations cases, including performance management, the administration of the annual bonus and salary reviews process and managing long term sickness absence.
- Support the adoption of the new HR system to promote effective use of the platform across the business (to both managers and employees for self-service). Work with the Interim HRIS project Manager to automate processes.
- Project support with - delivering lunch and learning on HR processes, helping with phase 2 of our Recognition System (Reward Gateway), supporting with any TUPE/ M & A, providing support with organization change projects (restructures) and with governance audits.
- Create ad-hoc HR reporting as required for staff retention/turnover, engagement, sickness/absence, and work with the payroll team to produce annual gender pay reporting.
- Support requests for HR data/reporting to help with external audits.
- Identify opportunities to improve our HR policies, procedures, and people practices ensuring compliance with UK HR legislation.
- Support and take part in D&I initiatives internally/externally and ensure that HR practices further our diversity and our inclusion journey.
- Contributing to Global HR continuous improvement projects.
- Work with the Head of HR and HR Business Partners to support the creation of the annual People plan, providing insight from managers on priorities that should feed into the People strategy.
- Experience within a fast-paced HR/People department in a SME, either in a standalone role or as part of a larger team.
- Strong ER knowledge and experience of supporting TUPE/ M and A is advantageous.
- The ability to lead and advise on employee relations processes, including performance management, sickness, and redundancy, with knowledge of the relevant best practice and laws.
- Knowledge of immigration requirements and have worked with immigration lawyers on visa applications and maintained legally required immigration documents.
- CIPD qualified (ideally level 5 or studying towards.
- Experience of managing complex ER issues (incl. disciplinary, grievance, terminations, long-term absence, variation of terms and organization design/change, TUPE etc.).
- Ability to analyze and manipulate HR data and produce c-level HR MI/reporting.
- Experience with HR systems.
- Experienced in recruiting and UK employment law.
- Skilled in L&D, training administration, and facilitation.
Also, there is some extremely competitive and desirable benefits included in the package for this role.
Please apply if you believe this might be an opportunity of interest for you.