People Services Administrator | Perm | Denton | £19,000-£20,000 | Hybrid
About the Company
Our client is a value driven not-for-profit provider of innovative healthcare across the North West of England who are looking to recruit for a people services administrator based in their Greater Manchester office on a permanent basis.
About the role
The People Services Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the People Services team, contributing to providing a high quality service to both employees and managers. The post holder will be required work flexibly, supporting colleagues when required.
You will embrace company values and ensure that they are demonstrated whilst carrying out all responsibilities of the role:
- put patients first;
- look after our people;
- give great quality care;
- lead the way in transforming patient care;
- contribute towards the wellbeing of our local communities.
The successful candidates' responsibilities will include:
- Administer any contractual changes during the employee life cycle, including issuing letters/contracts of employment and conducting changes to the HR system.
- Process staff leavers, ensuring appropriate paperwork is issued, arrangements for last working day are finalized.
- Act as the 'system expert' for iTrent.
- Liaise with the payroll department on any other payroll & pension or staff queries as required.
- Manage the HR database, inputting and updating records, and providing training to both employees and managers on their use of the HR system as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained across the HR & Payroll system and the Rota system; conducting audits as required.
- Ensure maternity, paternity and adoption cases are communicated to payroll e.g. when leave commences and ends.
- Answer day to day queries from employees received to the generic HR inbox, including access to the HR system and annual leave queries.
- Ensure sickness absence cases are captured and the system is kept up to date.
- Run weekly reports for staff sickness absence details, supporting the People Business Partners and People Services Officers to ensure correct policy and process is followed. Provide reporting support in other areas, as required.
- Assist People Services colleagues in maintaining information databases, including Covid-19 absence and exit interviews.
- Attend employee meetings to take minutes as required.
- Support and assist the Head of People Services and wider business colleagues with a range of projects and initiatives as required.
- Promote Equality and Diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Support GDPR compliance by ensuring employee data is processed in line with regulations and disposed of accordingly.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed from time to time by the Head of People Services.
What you'll need to Succeed
- Good standard of education with a minimum of 5 'c' grade GCSE's including Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Relaxed and flexible approach to work
- Able to work under pressure
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work closely with staff at all levels within the organisation
What you'll get in return
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 32 after five years of continuous service
- Flexible pension benefits including NHS pension scheme
- Blue card (discount card),
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free car park onsite
- Flexible working hours and policies
- Family friendly and carer policies; opportunities to apply for innovation and quality awards
- Healthcare wellbeing initiatives
- Healthcare social and fun activities
- Cycle to work scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.