Training & Competence Manager
£75,000 - £85,000 + bonus
City of London
I have partnered with a Global Wealth Management firm in their search for a newly created Training & Competence Manager role to sit within their HR department. This role will have a direct report & will be pivotal in the firm maintaining effective training and competence arrangements across the firm & ensuring the SMCR arrangements are complying with requirements.
- Maintain practical and effective T&C policy and procedures.
- Maintain practical and effective SMCR policy and procedures.
- Communicate policy and procedures to the business, delivering training and support to ensure good understanding.
- Provide senior management with relevant and timely information on the effectiveness of and compliance with UK policies and procedures .
- Lead the management of fitness and propriety assessment and certification processes for staff newly appointed to certification functions
- Lead the management of the annual fitness & propriety assessment and certification processes.
- Support the Head of HR to and oversee effective arrangements for complying with the Senior Managers Regime including drafting and updating relevant documentation.
- Monitor completion of SM&CR activities and report progress to senior management
- Oversee the keeping of accurate and comprehensive centralised records.
- Maintain and develop processes for the measurement of competence within Investment Management and Financial Planning divisions
- Maintain and develop processes to ensure relevant employees hold Statements of Professional Standing.
- Ensure training & development needs are appropriately identified.
- Support the business to identify and deliver relevant continuing professional development.
- Support the business to identify relevant professional qualifications and coordinate study support and exam booking.
- Implement practical and effective training solutions, measuring and reporting on the return on investment.
- Manage the provision of appropriate continuing professional development activities via the CPD programme, ensuring that it is accessible to and meets the needs of all team members.
- Notify the compliance function of changes which require a Directory Persons report to be made to the FCA.
- Draft FCA returns relating to training, competence and conduct within the timescales prescribed.
- Excellent knowledge of training and competence and SMCR
- Experience of using HR information Systems
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power point.
- Good understanding of HR policies & procedures
- Understanding of the importance and impact of the regulatory framework within which wealth management sits
- Excellent understanding of the Senior Manager & Certification Regime and Training & Competence requirements in financial services
- Good understanding of relevant employment law & practical application of this in a work context