Part-time HR Manager - 2.5 to 3 days p/week
My client are a media rights company broadcasting across the UK and Internationally. Due to movement within the team, they are looking for a part-time Head of HR to join them on a permanent basis. This role is integral to provide comprehensive strategic and operational HR support to the organisation. The Head of HR will work as a trusted partner to develop people plans whilst engaging, advising, and influencing the senior management team.
- Provide support and advice in all areas of HR for the organisation. Responsible for delivering end-to-end generalist HR support including authorisation, recruitment, new starters, and leavers processes, benefits management, liaising with payroll, employee engagement, disciplinary and grievance processes, performance management, talent development, D&I and succession planning.
- Provide advice and coaching to improve the effectiveness of leadership and people management.
- Manage all recruitment process, recommending recruitment methods and strategy that supports the commitment to D&I, including advertising, screening CVs, interviewing and candidate selection.
- Develop and support employee engagement, developing strategies to increase employee engagement and support retention.
- Review, refine and drive the employee appraisals, ensuring employees receive regular feedback and have opportunities for progression.
- Manage complex employee relations or people issues. Provide professional HR expertise and advice to ensure risk is assessed and judgement is applied and informed decisions are made.
- Work with Finance to develop the annual compensation budget. Take a data driven approach, using benchmarking information to support all salary and promotion decisions.
- Work with an external D&I consultant, to lead the D&I strategy, developing clear delivery plans and ensuring engagement.
- Conduct training needs analysis to develop an L&D budget and plan to support business growth and set the people up to succeed.
- Work with senior managers to help them plan for the future, ensuring the size, structure and capability of their teams meet future requirements and identify areas that need targeted attention.
- An experienced part-time HR professional
- Well-developed and broad ranging HR experience with experience of operating at both a strategic and operational level.
- Stand-alone HR management experience would be advantageous
- Numerate; familiarity with payroll and payroll budget.
- Up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice and able to apply this to complex employee relations situations, analyse issues, assess risk and use judgement to come up with workable solutions.
- Solutions focused - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects, be pragmatic and break down issues into practical steps to achieve an outcome.
- Highly effective interpersonal and influencing skills - the courage to challenge whilst remaining collaborative and build trusted working relationships with people at all levels throughout the organisation.