Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a highly reputable and well-established national accounting firm with a strong presence in Norfolk. This company are growing and this is a new position within the team as a result of that growth.
This company is a dynamic, supportive and sociable place to work. They will continually support, invest and encourage your training and development to help you reach your personal career goals. With an extensive wellbeing strategy, including a full employee assistance programme plus trained Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions in each of their offices, support is always available for our employees. They always look to promote a positive work life balance.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to working in conjunction with the HR Managers and the wider HR team in the delivery of a rounded generalist HR service. The key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake HR projects as part of the overall HR strategy
- Deal with employee relation aspects including grievances, disciplinaries, performance management and redundancy aspects as and when required in conjunction with managers, partners and HR Manager. This includes investigations, all administration, attendance at meetings as required by the procedure and undertaking notes of meetings
- Assist HR Manager with sickness absence management including undertaking meetings in conjunction with managers/partners with employees
- Undertake HR consultancy advice to clients, including all areas of employment law. Therefore required to keep up to date with employment legislation. This includes discipline & grievance, redundancy, TUPE, contracts of employment, managing absence, staff handbook - policies and procedures, family friendly procedures and working time legislation.
- Support with delivering the Firm's wellbeing strategy and initiatives and assist with management of individual wellbeing support cases.
- Update intranet policies and procedures as and when required
- Dealing with general employee phone/email queries as and when required
- Updating and using the Cascade HR system as and when required.
- Attend local update seminars to develop knowledge of HR and employment law, as and when required.
- Work must be undertaken to the highest possible standards and conduct themselves in accordance with the firm's procedures and policies.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours a week between Monday and Friday but exact working pattern can be flexible around core hours and hybrid working is offered in this role.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar generalist HR capacity and have some exposure to ER casework and ideally project support. You will ideally be level 5 CIPD qualified but those qualified at level 3 will be considered. You will have a good understanding of employment law, strong communication skills and a 'can do' attitude.
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive pay, 25 days + bank holidays annual leave entitlement, free on site parking, above average pension contributions and support towards study if needed. This company offers a hybrid working policy also of 3 days in the office and 2 working from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.