Head of HR
Would you like to work for a prestigious luxury brand who are market leaders and have an offering that sparks everyone's interest?
Entrepreneurial style, fast paced with impressive growth plans. This role will suit someone who has lead a successful HR function in a high growth SME business.
I am delighted to be partnering with this family owned and managed business to help them recruit a Head of HR to be based in Dorset with regular travel to their other sites in Somerset & Wiltshire.
Headcount is 170 people. Reporting into the Managing Director the Head of HR brings the business strategy to life through the effective leadership of the people team.
Day to Duties:
- Supporting and advising line managers on all aspects of people management.
- Development of an HR vision and values which reflect both the brand and best practice.
- Management of the recruitment of staff into all departments and the overseeing of probationary periods.
- Leadership development and working with other managers to enable them to meet strategic goals through the development of their teams.
- Talent Management, Performance management and succession planning
- Lead on all employee relation casework to include disciplinary, grievance investigations, sickness absence and performance
- Leading on the people strategy including, organisational design, development and restructures.
- Reviewing existing strategies for the recruitment of temporary staff in a Post-Brexit Britain.
- Development of the appraisal process, from involvement in reviewing existing procedures to attendance in all reviews and in some cases writing minutes.
- Input into remuneration levels and salary budgets including role evaluation and benchmarking where appropriate.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you should have gained a thorough understanding of how HR works from a commercial environment in a high growth SME.
You will have proven success of delivering all operational and strategic HR and be a commercial leader who is forward thinking and pro active. You will demonstrate your expertise though your work experience and invaluable HR knowledge.
You will be instrumental in driving the people agenda forward, making effective decisions and influencing senior leaders when necessary. Your ability to develop excellent stakeholder relationship and demonstrate credibility throughout the organisation will be of real interest to my client.
Experience from an owner managed business where you are the sole HR professional would be highly regarded.
My client is offering hybrid working and is commutable from Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Gillingham, Frome, Warminster and Bath. If you are looking for a new role and want to work for an entrepreneurial company where you will be solely responsible for HR please contact me now for more information.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.