An exciting opportunity has arisen at the SVP for a HR Manager to join our bustling HR team. Over the last few years, the SVP has grown significantly and continues to do so, which is why we are expanding our HR & Payroll Team to enable us to be fit for the future.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the Society’s HR function therefore the ideal candidate will have previous HR management experience and a good level of general HR knowledge including employee relations, recruitment and reward etc. This is a varied role where no two days are the same. If you enjoy a busy role where there is always room to learn and develop then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week
Location = St Vincent’s Bradford Support Centre - The Centre is based in the very heart of the City with excellent public transport links and also free onsite parking. Hybrid working is also available to suit the successful candidate.
Contract = Permanent
Salary = Up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits Package = 33 days’ holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday day off, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced company sick pay, buy/sell holiday schemes and lots more. The SVP are also a flexible employer who truly support a good work life balance.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advice and support to line managers with a range of complex HR queries during the full employee life cycle
- Oversee and manage all HR administration and recruitment within the team ensuring accuracy and efficiency within agreed SLAs
- Manage the Society’s cloud-based HR database and other relevant systems ensuring data accuracy and relevance
- To support the Head of People, Payroll and Process in overseeing and reviewing HR policies, procedures and processes to comply with legislation whilst working with SMT to ensure their effectiveness
- Offer support in conducting interviews, investigations, disciplinaries and grievances on absence, conduct and capability
- To recruit, train, develop and manage HR staff and volunteers and also provide coaching to new line managers on HR policies and procedures
- To assist in the processing of the monthly society-wide payroll as and when required
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience working in a similar HR management role
- Effective people management experience
- IT proficient with good competence in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Extensive working knowledge of general HR procedures and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational ability including the ability to prioritise and allocate tasks to ensure deadlines are met whilst having a commitment to 100% accuracy
- Highly self-motivated and positive attitude with the ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- Empathy and understanding of SVP Ethos and values
It is desirable that the candidate can demonstrate the following –
- A CIPD Level 5 qualification
- Work experience within the voluntary sector
- Excellent networking, influencing and negotiating skills
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please select the apply button shown. All suitable applicants will be sent a short application form to complete. If you have any further questions or would like to see a copy of the full job description/person specification, please contact Laura Whittaker.
Closing Date = 29th May 2022
Deadline for Application Packs = 5th June 2022
Interviews = W/C 6th June 2022
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known - the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
St Vincent de Paul Society England and Wales
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.