To act as the primary contact for the dedicated client base and assume day-to-day ownership for those dedicated areas. You will provide advice and guidance on a number of HR issues.
Leading Law firm
* Work with the HR Coordinator/HR Assistant to oversee the employee induction process and, where necessary, conduct individual induction meetings in accordance with the firm's induction process.
* Monitor and ensure departments conduct 3 and 6 month review meetings.
Compensation & remuneration
* Co-ordinate the annual salary review process for your dedicated client groups: draft annual salary increases and bonuses (using market data); meet with senior members of client group to discuss and agree increases; and moderate increases across all client groups/departments.
* Ensure salary data is accurately updated and maintained.
Performance management & employee development
* Work closely with the client groups to facilitate the performance review process and provide advice, guidance and training where necessary.
* Provide advice and guidance to client group on managing poor performance and where appropriate attend meetings and ensure follow-up.
* Manage and co-ordinate internal promotion process within client groups.
* Lead on sensitive/complex departures including drawing up and negotiating on settlement agreements.
* Provide advice on using the Career Development Framework and act as a champion.
* Work closely with the clients groups to review to assist with succession planning and performance management.
* Delegate effectively to the HR Coordinator and Assistant to ensure the workload is prioritised and managed, and deadlines are achieved.
* Coach and develop the HR Coordinator and Assistant
* Oversee the coordination of all maternity, paternity and parental leave within the client groups and where necessary; provide advice and guidance to managers ensuring compliance with the firm's policy.
* Oversee the coordination and management of all flexible working applications in line with the firm's policy and discuss requests with managers whilst considering the business needs.
* Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance issues. Where necessary, investigate matters and conduct meetings autonomously.
* Monitor and manage all sickness absence within dedicated client groups. When necessary discuss absence with managers and ensure follow-up with individuals. Work with Occupational Health where appropriate and liaise with insurers on GIP claims as appropriate.
* Deal with welfare queries from staff and provide advice and information on the internal and external sources of support available. Ensure follow-up as appropriate.
* Implement small restructuring and resourcing projects.
* Oversee the leaver process ensuring relevant information is communicated and fed back, and where necessary the appropriate action is taken.
* Ensure any contractual obligations (i.e. notice period, claw back on study, post-termination restrictions) are dealt with accordingly, in conjunction with the manager and the individual.
* Ensure HR Assistants complete and sign off leavers checklist.
* Maintain regular reports and generate other reports and statistics on request, making sure data is always up to date and accurate. Where necessary analyse the data and provide recommendations.
* Research competitor intelligence/best practice information
* Manage headcount for budgeting process providing input on projected headcount assumptions and attending meetings where appropriate.
* Ensure all staff are eligible to work in the UK and hold the required paperwork on file in compliance and ISO requirements.
* Deal with all visa renewals and assist the recruitment team with new visa processes in conjunction with the firm's immigration team, and liaising with the client group where relevant.
* Acts as key stakeholder when implementing and reviewing HR/Firmwide policies.
* Actively lead in strategic projects, HR initiatives and departmental activities as appropriate.
* Understand the HR needs of different departments to help them achieve their strategic objectives whilst following the overall HR strategy.
* Keep up-to-date with external developments which may impact strategy e.g. employment law and where necessary undertake research in to policy development.
* Provide advice and guidance on employment law and firm policy/procedures to client groups.
Experience and knowledge
* Solid experience working in a professional services environment at Business Partner level.
* Strong advisory skills with excellent knowledge of employment legislation.
* Solid experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
* Ideally CIPD qualified.
Skills and competencies
* Strong client service skills and excellent communication both verbal and written.
* Ability to influence and challenge at all levels where appropriate.
* Professional, credible and responsive.
* Strong commercial and business awareness.
* Team player.
* Ability to deal with pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
* Discreet with the utmost integrity.
* Enthusiastic, energetic and positive.
Professional services experience
Private health care