Reports to HR Business Partner
I am currently working on a HR Administrator role for an exciting, learned society where you will have the opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team.
Experience of working in a HR environment is not necessary however a good administrator with a keen eye for detail and system management is essential and willingness to be a flexible and adaptable part of a busy team.
The HR Administrator will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to the HR team. The postholder will act as a first point of contact for HR related administrative queries and support the team with a wide variety of HR tasks. This will include recruitment, Learning and Development administration, new starter onboarding, induction, HR inbox management as well as arranging meetings, minuting meetings, and providing light diary support for the HR Director.
The postholder will be confident and able to liaise with people at all levels across the organisation, be accurate when producing documentation and managing data and able to prioritise work in a role where there is a range of activities that require efficient management to support core HR activities.
Administration and support
- Work as a member of the HR team to ensure that all administration activities which support the work of the HR team are managed in a proactive and efficient way
- Support recruitment administration including liaison with temporary employment agencies
- Prepare, review and amend letters and documents to support key HR activities
- Provide dedicated administrative support to the HR Director which could include room booking, arranging meetings and other adhoc requests
- Conduct new starter HR inductions and support exit arrangements
- Support the daily proactive management of the HR inbox ensuring that appropriate action is taken to respond and forward relevant emails to the HR team with follow up actions if needed
- Maintain and keep up to date digital employee personal files and ensuring employment records and documents are compliant, filed and retained according to data management and retention guidelines to ensure systems are consistent and fit for purpose. Support a longer term project to move to full digitisation of all HR files.
- Input data into the HR information system and other agreed systems to ensure the data is considered as 'live' such as address changes, holiday requests etc.
- Create and maintain Excel trackers that support the HR team activities and be responsible for the consistent use and application of these as sources of accurate HR information
- Maintain structure charts, recruitment spreadsheets and HR activity trackers to ensure they are set up and utilised in the most effective way
- Participate and support administrative activities to deliver HR and L&D projects
- Provide administrative support for external/ internal bookings including interview and L&D activities and ensure record keeping and document management is accessible by the team and stored appropriately and as agreed
- Support with raising purchase orders, setting up new suppliers and invoice management
- Provide administration support for logging, reviewing and editing data requests within the HR Information system as well as new starter and leaver IT requests
- Ensure that the relevant HR activity checklists are up to date and stored correctly for each activity
- Work with teams across the Society such as Finance, Facilities, Procurement, Central Secretariat and IT to ensure HR administrative activities which interface with them are dealt with proactively.
- Excellent administrative experience and evidence of supporting a range of activities to support core business needs
- Experience of using information and data systems including data input
- Experience of working in a operational support team Essential Essential Desirable