You will join as Learning and Development Manager / L&D Manager to implement the organisation's first Talent Strategy.
Based in the Reading area our client is a well regarded Professional Services ( Accountancy / Legal / Consultancy ) organisation.
As Learning and Development Manager / L&D Manager you will:
Based in the Reading area, you will have the responsibility for developing, shaping and driving the organisation's talent plans and learning and development across all of its employees.
Utilising key workforce information and data, the post-holder will work with the Heads of Departments to understand current and future training and development. The post-holder will work to develop and improve to a "best-in-class"appraoch to Talent.
- Collaborate with the Heads of Departments and each employee to ensure effective training and development for each employee of the organisation and the effectiveness of the organisation's continuing performance review process;
- Manage, lead and drive the organisation's training and development and specialism programme;
- Report on improvements across the organisation and assist with identifying opportunities for further improvement, development and specialisation
- Prepare and deliver specific training programmes on generic service topics.
- Work with identifying and managing relationships with specific training providers across areas of development for the organisation and in terms of improving the lawyers specialist knowledge and skills.
- Attend events, training fairs and other activities to identify and source potential opportunities for new training and development.
- Play an active part in planning and mapping talent improvements throughout the organisation to assist and support people retention.
The successful candidate will be able to work in the Reading area at least 3 day a week.
They must also demonstrate previous experience in a Learning and Development Manager role / L&D Manager role.
In addition the following experience will be highly desirable:
- Experience working in the Professional Services Sector ( accountancy, Consultancy, Law or Financial Services )
- Experienced of implementing training and development strategy aligned to challenging commercial goals and business objectives
- Exposure to workforce planning within fast-paced, corporate environment
- Knowledge of anti-discrimination and equal opportunities legislation
- Knowledge and use of different training and development models and approaches.
The chance to join an organisation where you can create and implement a Talent strategy.
A salary of between £45,000 and £55,000 + benefits.
Hybrid working with a requirement to be in the offices for 3 days a week.