HR Manager (part time) 3 days a week
£45,000 - £ 50,000
An experienced HR Manager for an expanding law firm, on a 3 -day per week basis. Reporting to the firm's managing partner and staff partner, you will be responsible for a range of duties to ensure that staff at the firm are well-managed and developed with good communication and an emphasis on staff well-being. This organisation a long-established practice within civil areas of law, with a total employee headcount of 60.
Your new role
This is a full 360 employee life cycle role, therefore you will be leading on all things 'People' within this growing legal firm. Key areas that will fall under your remit are:
- Training and development
- Performance management and appraisal systems
- Equality and diversity
- Data protection/privacy
- Monitoring holidays/annual absences
- Documenting contract and salary changes, bonus payments etc
- Potentially taking a lead in the final documentation of hybrid working and homeworking policies
- Dealing with regulatory issues with our regulator (the SRA) insofar as they relate to matters affecting our Employees and ensuring that solicitors meet the competencies required by the Statement of Solicitors Competence
- Promoting staff well-being and employee benefits
- Health and safety matters affecting employees
- Liaising on issues relating to payroll, maternity leave, pension contributions
- Ensuring that training is logged and undertaken, including mandatory training in anti-money laundering, data protection and other areas
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues in the rare cases that these arise
What you'll need to succeed
This is a standalone HR manager role, so ideally you would have worked in a small or standalone role before. This organisation will consider someone with 3+ experience of working as a Senior HR advisor, looking for their next step into a HR manager form.
- Previous experience of dealing with HR matters in a professional environment is essential.
- Confident working with people and documents
- Attention to detail
- Bring forward good ideas to promote best practice with the support and encouragement of the firm's partners and managers