The HR Operations team is part of the larger People & Sustainability team which plays an integral part in the business, ensuring we employ, retain and develop the best people. We encourage our people to get involved and be bold, whether that's through putting forward ideas to improve the way we do things or getting to know people so we can identify development opportunities and work better together.
One of the UK's largest foodservice wholesaler and distributor.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner you will be the first point of contact for all HR business as usual activities within the assigned business area and will work with key stakeholders to support the delivery of the People Plan ensuring business objectives are successfully achieved.
Key responsibilities will include: -
- Working closely with the HR Business Partner you will ensure that the People plan is effectively delivered, supporting business improvements in areas such as operational efficiency, absence management, ER case reduction, legal and best practice compliance and increasing line manager capability.
- Providing advice to our First Line Management populations in respect of dispute resolution and employee relations, which includes disciplinary and grievance handling, note taking at complex hearings, consultations in relation to restructures and changes to T&Cs and management of ET processes.
- Engaging with employee representatives and Trade Union Regional /local officials.
- Co-ordinating and administering all aspect of recruitment campaigns.
- Monitoring adherence to HR standards and associated processes and advising our First Line Management populations of appropriate application whilst identifying and contributing to process improvements.
- Effectively using the suite of people metric reports available to identify corrective and preventative action in support in optimum operational efficiency.
- Generalist HR experience
- Sound knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law procedures and processes.
- Strong organisational capability, able to meet deadlines and manage large volumes of work.
- Developed interpersonal skills and able to demonstrate strong personal credibility to persuade and influence senior management on HR related activity with ability to deliver presentations and training courses.
- A customer driven, collaborative and hands-on approach able to identify pragmatic, business focused solutions to problems, ability to see the bigger picture and think through the wider implications of actions.
- Full current driving license and ability to travel for work purposes.
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively across the UK, on occasion at short-notice and outside of core hours
- Part/Grad CIPD (or equivalent) would be advantageous.
- Pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays), healthcare cash plan, employee discounts, free parking, exclusive range of over 4,000 high street discounts.
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively across the UK, on occasion at short-notice and outside of core hours (Scotland, North East England and Cumbria)