Interim Head of HR & Operations leader
- £180 - £200 per day
- Full time
- City of London
- ASAP start
Do you have a real passion to embed ED&I and Anti Oppression?
I have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Head of HR to work within one of the UK's leading Human Rights Organisation. This is a great opportunity to lead an operational team in what promises to be a pivotal year for human rights and civil liberties in the UK as they come out of the pandemic.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Operations function, with a particular focus on HR. Working closely with the Finance & Operations Director, the Head of HR and Operations will be responsible for overall HR services, delivering on their operations and managerial workplan in line with anti-oppressive values, organising board meetings and to ensure inclusive policies and procedures are in place.
- Advise managers on best practice, and following policies and procedures
- Train and develop managers on key management and Human Resources skills
- Provide or organise refresher training on management and employment law to managers
- Manage internal HR processes and Employee Relations Cases
- Liaise with the People and Culture Manager re employee lifecycle and tracking and analysing staff demographics.
- Undertake temporary one-to-ones with staff when managers are unwell or on leave.
- Run fair and equitable future pay review processes, with external support as required
- Responsible for all Recruitment, ensuring that adverts reach a wide range of potential applicants, and that recruitment process is inclusive, kind, and fair.
- Formalise and develop the use of PeopleHR to enable staff across the organisation to collaborate to ensure one central record for all HR information.
- Oversee payroll preparation.
- Oversee the Staff handbook. Review and maintain policies and procedures to ensure they are fair, legal, and incorporate the organisation's commitment to anti-oppression.
- Be the point of contact for queries from the board and reviewing all board and trustee papers and supervising their collation and distribution with all board members and relative staff.
- Responsible for supporting staff engagement with the board as well as sharing a summary of board discussions and actions with staff
- Ensure that the correct documentation is available for all change in board personnel and communicate this to the Company Secretary.
- Contribute to risk registers where required.
- Supervise the HR & Operations Team (People and Culture Manager, the Facilities and Operations Officer, Operations and Governance Officer and the Operations Assistant) and line manage up to 3 members of staff, ensuring team members perform to a high professional standard and are supported to develop and grow.
- An integral member of the wider Operations team (also consisting of Finance and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) ensure that the correct insurance covers are in place and there is sufficient operational cover at throughout the year within the core front of house and finance functions.
- Part of the Management team responsible for fair and consistent management of employees.