Senior HR Business Partner
£80,000 - £90,000
I have partnered with a leading UK Bank in their search for a newly created Senior HR Business Partner to join their Commercial Division client base of approx. 600 employees. This role will be at the forefront of strategic & process improvements, whilst being the point of contact for the c-suite. The role also has oversight of a team of 4 within the HR department & reports directly into the Head of HR.
- Build robust and credible relationships across the organisations you support, particularly with the Senior Managers within your work area.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the business and the wider business challenges to enable you to effectively support the business from an HR perspective
- Act as a champion for change and work in partnership with Managers to improve business performance.
- Be responsible for delivering key HR initiatives for development, people, talent and succession in line with the divisional HR strategy.
- Partner the relevant business manager in any business unit restructurings and represent your business unit in any bank or group restructuring exercises.
- Lead and manage the annual performance and compensation review cycles for the function.
- Advising on salary levels using professional judgement based on any benchmarking exercise.
- Instil a Performance Management culture across the business unit using the appropriate tools available challenging managers on their management of performance within their teams (where required).
- Work closely with the L&D Manager to ensure the planned L&D activities are developed in line with the Banking L&D strategy and delivered accordingly.
- Openly communicate with the HR and Payroll team and advises of any planned changes to your Business Unit that may impact HR and Payroll e.g. high volume recruitment campaign.
- Apply professional judgement on employment relation issues and operate within best practise and company policy and procedures.
- Support sensitive or tricky absence cases working with Line Managers to ensure all cases are managed appropriately and in line with the Company policy
- Take the lead role in the management and implementation of senior and critical recruitment campaigns ensuring that a fair selection process is adhered to and in line with the banking approach.
- Implement the Human Resources Policies in line with current legislation and the strategic direction of the HR function.
- Provide expert advice and interpretation of legislation to support Managers when making people decisions
- Provide relevant and timely HR metrics and detailed reports as required.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers to support their development
- Regularly analyse and review HR management information to identify any opportunities or issues and work in partnership with Managers to address any areas of concern or introduce improved ways of working.
- Regularly review HR and Payroll service delivery with the HR and Payroll team to continually improve performance and service delivery to the business.
- Motivate, develop and engage direct reports and talent acquisition partners to deliver exceptional service and outcomes to the function.
- Experience working in a fast moving HR environment
- Strong knowledge of HR practice and employment law
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Willingness to challenge
- Resilience and evidence of coping with change
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Management experience, leading and motivating a team of HR professionals