A Quasi-Financial Services based in the City of London seeks a Reward Manager to own and lead on compensation and benefits across all relevant global locations, creating a centre of excellence. Acting as an ambassador for reward, the role will maximise employee engagement, ensuring clear and accessible communications on all elements of the reward offering. The role will be responsible for managing a Payroll Manager and, indirectly, a Payroll Coordinator.
A Quasi-Financial Services based in the City of London
A Reward Manager with the following Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring at all times that the organisation's global compensation & benefits comply with its Remuneration Framework and all relevant local legislation /regulations
- Developing the partnership and managing the ongoing relationships with our external reward and benefits providers and brokers, to ensure quality, maximum value for money and delivery against the strategy
- Leading on the identification and implementation of competitive, creative and cost-effective benefits (such as retirement plans, PMI and life assurance) as appropriate and management of annual benefits renewal
- Drafting reward policies and advising the HR Team on reward elements of other HR documents (e.g. employee handbooks)
- Ownership of the organisation's salary structures, perform bench-marking as required, gaining approval for recommended changes and communicating effectively to HR Operations and Resourcing
- Understanding the organisation's job architecture and levels, advising on its application
- Ownership of the the organisation's incentive plan, answering any questions on the rules and their application, performing calculations and working with the HR Operations and Systems (HROps) team to manage the payment and communication process
- Supporting all HR teams on the reward elements of the day-to-day management of all employee processes, including actively review existing processes and procedures, identifying ways to enhance and then implement improvements
- Provide HR sign off and approval of all monthly payrolls
- Support the Reward Director with the periodic review and approval of the Remuneration strategy encompassed by the Remuneration Framework
The successful Reward Manager will have a good grounding in compensation and benefits, looking to further develop their breadth of experience. They will be equally comfortable performing operational BAU and tactical work, while prepared to work with the Reward Director and CPO at the strategic level to help shape the organisation's remuneration.
They should be able to interact and communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of employees, up to and including the Executive Committee.
We are looking for someone with a passion for maximising the employee experience and process improvement who will enjoy working in a small, busy team.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Sensitive to the cultures within which the organisation operates.
- Confident, adaptable, cheerful, and resourceful team-player.
- Able to work and thrive under pressure, understand the importance of multi-tasking and prioritising, whilst seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Ability to exercise critical judgement, based on available information, and having considered potential wider impact and consequences, make decisions which are consistent, logical and supported by the facts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to distil and summarise information from multiple sources and identify the underlying issue and answer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Effective time management.
- Strong and demonstrable Microsoft Office skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in prioritising own workloads and coordinating with those of others.
- Strong customer focus
- Experience of working in Asian and African markets.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of building strong working relationships in a diverse working environment.
- Understanding how to quality check survey and bench-marking methodologies and assess the factors determining reward.
Candidates should be strongly motivated by our client's development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals.
Our client looks for team members who aspire, as they do, to work at their best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation or educational background
A competitive base salary (Depending on skills/experience) and an excellent benefits package, along with a high-degree of flexible working.