Job Title: Learning & Development Partner
Location: Manchester (with occasional travel to Corby)
Reporting to: Head of L&D
Salary: £30,000 to £37,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Group Life Insurance Scheme, 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), Buy & Sell Holidays, EAP with remote GP, Cycle & Tech Scheme, Social Events, Free Drinks & Fruit, Wellness days, Company-wide Winter Sun trips abroad, Race Days and fun raising events.
About Utility Bidder:
We're a people-oriented business founded in 2009 enabling business customers to rapidly compare and switch to better energy deals. We use our network of leading energy suppliers to bring the best possible deals to our customers. Our offices based within Corby and Manchester are lively and fun environments where we enjoy working together – there is rarely a dull moment.
You will drive and support the onboarding/induction programmes and provide high quality performance coaching to the various sales teams to optimise performance within the Manchester office. Support employee development initiatives through delivering and hosting creative engaging training events within the overall L&D strategy. Continuously improve our scripts and our Salesforce CRM training to maximise efficiencies.
In essence, you’ll work alongside our Heads of Departments and Team Leaders with a view to leading on a particular aspect of the learning and organisational agenda to support their teams and the effective implementation of our learning and development model – either coaching & mentoring, diversity & inclusion, performance management or early talent & on-boarding. It’s about delivering expert, colleague-centric, consultancy-style support to managers across UB.
- Deliver all essential training to new employees, including induction and systems training.
- Conduct performance coaching interventions to sales teams across multiple channels, including recent starter groups and high performing individuals.
- Maintain the e-learning channel and provide input to all online titles and activities
- Manage the administration of the LMS, updating course material and training records for existing and new employees.
- Support the Mapping of annual training plans for all staff and functions through recognised L&D methodology.
- Use known education principles and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new training methods and techniques.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and impact of training on employee skills and KPIs, with ‘return on investment data’ demonstrating the influence of the coaching support provided.
- With the Head of L&D, monitor and review L&D policies and processes ensuring that the L&D activities remain compliant and within budget.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year’s work experience as a Trainer/coach
- Experience within the energy sector.
- Experience in delivering Sales Training.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and communication skills are required together with experience in managing the full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
- Possession of a good working knowledge of IT encompassing, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
The post holder must be resourceful, have strong personal motivational skills, be a relationship builder with excellent communications skills; incorporating an involved approach with the determination to succeed and have the aptitude to react quickly to given situations. The capacity to interact at all levels with the willingness to be flexible is essential to success in this role. The post holder must have an approachable and open nature to ensure ‘buy-in’ to the Sales function is consistent across the Company.
In general, the post holder should be of smart, presentable appearance and must feel comfortable working in a high pressure, ever-changing and customer driven environment. The post holder should be highly committed and be able to seek improvement continually. The post holder should have the ability to develop beyond this role and respond positively to growth within the Company.
Equality & Diversity
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is.
The Nice Things
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our
people. This includes benefits such as:
- Internal competitions
- Yearly Company-wide Winter Sun Holiday
- Summer and Winter Party
- Music Events – Stadiums and Race Days
- Lively Office Environment
- Free Refreshments and fruit
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle & Tech Schemes
- Ping Pong Table
Talent: You will need to have previous coaching and mentoring experience ideally in sales or energy;
Energy: You’ll be providing coaching & mentoring to Team Leaders & their Team Members;
Accurate: You’ll also create scripts & training programmes to optimise performance & promote career development;
Motivate: You will be a self-starter & provide positive encouragement at every touchpoint;
Unity: You will provide support daily, weekly & monthly to Heads of Teams, Team Leaders & all other Team Members in accordance with business requirements;
Balance: You’ll be rewarded for working hard with the opportunity to attend social events throughout the Year & the opportunity to take part in various incentives.