Your new company
Are you looking for your next HR career opportunity? Do you thrive in a fast paced and diverse working environment? Do you want to add value within a operational HR/People role? This exciting and newly created opportunity has arisen to work for a developing SME engineering business based in East Lancashire. This role will be working within a business experiencing change and growth and will report directly into the CEO. This full time opportunity will allow a 4 day working week and the opportunity to work for a business experiencing growth, acquisition and an exciting growth period.
Your new role
The Human Resources Manager will ensure delivery of the HR Agenda in support of the business plan. This is a hands on operational role involved at all levels, delivering an effective HR service across the business, supporting and advising the management team on employee relations matters and driving best practice and continuous improvement across the business.
As the HR Manager for the organisation this role will take responsibility for ensuring the business operates in line with all current UK employment legislation and provide day to day advice and support to line managers on all HR issues across the business.
You will also have a remit for implementing the HR agenda ensuring alignment to the business strategy and making recommendations, developing, implementing and administering policies and procedures using best practices in the industry to enhance operations.
You will lead and provide direction, development and leadership to all HR staff as well as setting objectives which Support the business strategy. Manage and support personnel in the achievement of their business objectives
Other key objectives will include:
- Provide accurate and credible monthly HR reporting to the leadership team.
- Responsible for driving the overall talent strategy and recruitment to support this evolving business focusing on increasing talent and skill levels.
- Managing employee relations, absence management, disciplinaries, grievances and employment records in line with the requirements of company policy and external certifications
- Implement the L&D agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement.
- Actively manage, support and promote the internal apprenticeship programme
- Manage the HR Team across multiple locations within the U.K.
- Responsible for Project Management of multiple HR initiatives.
- Develop, implement and manage the headcount management plan
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a skilled HR manager with a passion for HR operations but with the ability to offer a strategic people strategy and align this with the core business values. If you have previous manufacturing/engineering experience this will be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Car allowance (6,000 per annum)
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
A full time working week over 4 days - Monday - Thursday 7:15am - 5pm
Private BUPA medical cover
Competitive pension contributions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.