Your new company
A fast paced and developing engineering business have approached Hays seeking a skilled HR Manager for their 200 headcount site based in East Lancashire. This successful engineering organisation produce high speed machines within the can making industry worldwide and they are a market leader in their field. This organisation provides complete solutions at any level from individual machines, line modules, and rapid service including the design, build and commissioning of a complete facility. This true generalist HR Manager opportunity will take responsibility for the people agenda across the business. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to add real value, develop a true people strategy and support the wider business to ensure this organisation continues to be an employer of choice.
Your new role
This role will offer a varied responsibility reporting directly into the Managing Director. The key business areas will include:
- Recruitment, retention and development of a talent strategy for the organisation
- Development of a sound and progressive learning and development programme including the development of line manager capabilities.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness and allow people to reach their full potential.
- Salary and benchmarking review, creating sound data to ensure competitive in the changing recruitment market.
- Development of the benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance and coordinates annual open enrollment needs for the responsibility areas.
- Evaluate and compare existing employee benefit plans, trends and utilisation with those of other employers and make any necessary recommendations.
- Provide clear, meaningful, and timely communication to Senior Leadership to ensure consistent understanding of HR direction, goals, and roles.
- Develop and monitor HR performance through benchmarking and creating metrics/scorecard that is supported by HR systems.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Supervises HR coordinator / receptionist
- Evaluate, assess and update safety procedures and policies to ensure worker safety and compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards.
What you'll need to succeed
This role and opportunity will require an individual with a passion for change, progression and thrives in a generalist HR capacity.
You will need previous experience of operating within a stand-alone HR capacity and have a operational and project based HR background.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working hours available
The opportunity to develop a people strategy for a growth business
Generous annual leave and access to a company bonus scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.