Hybrid - 4 day week. Creative and innovative environment.
Your new company
This innovative design and manufacturing organisation who value creativity, care, innovation and quality are thriving to the extent that they are looking to move from an outsourced HR model. This opens up an exciting opportunity for an experienced, pragmatic and practical HR Manager who knows how to scale best practice.
Your new role
The Head of People will report to the MD and the role will involve setting up an in-house HR function from scratch; crafting HR policies and practices that are fit for purpose for a rapidly growing company, ensuring that people remain at the heart of what they do.
Amongst other things, the role will include:
- Developing existing policies and adapting them to ensure a great fit for the business
- Owing and refining the recruitment process, ensuring the candidate journey reflects their values.
- Interpreting company values into behaviours and building these into policies and contracts.
- Establishing and growing the culture.
- Training needs identification, plans and interventions.
- Building a transparent performance review and appraisal process linking into succession planning.
- Keeping up to date with sector HR best practice.
Shape employee experience. Build sustainable practices.
What you'll need to succeed
Extensive HR generalist experience across a range of organisations.
Capable of translating strategic concepts into practical and effective processes.
Strong communication and presentation skills - ability to deliver internal training.
Able to resolve emerging issues, being skilled at identifying practical solutions.
What you'll get in return
- £52k FTE (pro rata)
- 4 days per week - 3 of these must be on site
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Company NEST pension scheme
- Company healthcare scheme
- Generous staff discount
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.