Oakleaf Partnership are currently recruiting for a HR Manager for a Global IT Service Management company based in the City of London.
The role will be responsible for the implementation/execution of all HR activities for UK as well as creating and maintaining the appropriate up-to-date processes and procedures to support the HR policies. Working as part of the operational function within the HR team and ensuring that HR Excellence is always met. Perform core HR activities and support management and employees in HR related matters. You will have your own client group of 120 across the UK.
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager with an Administrator who will assist with all contracts/onboarding, you will be responsible for the following:
First point of contact for all UK employees and first level managers:
- Guiding managers and employees through the Company's capability and conduct management processes: holding investigation meetings/disciplinary hearings where appropriate
- Guiding managers through the annual performance management cycle.
- Dealing with all ER cases for the UK in line with legislation
- Creates, implements, and maintains consistent employee policies through an employee handbook
- Identifies, develops, and implements initiatives (Best Practices) in staffing, communications, performance management, and rewards for performance that encourage employee retention, job satisfaction and positive morale
- Coaches and educates managers, supervisors and employees on company policies, supervision, disciplinary procedures, conflict resolution, interpersonal communications, and effective group interaction
- Investigate and provide guidance to others regarding employee complaints including misconduct, harassment and discrimination
- Demonstrate an understanding of applicable country, and local laws pertaining to labour and employment
- Discuss recruitment requirements with line managers and take them through the approval chains. oversee the internal approval process, and work with the recruitment team to hire the right talent.
- Conduct interviews, administer assessments as required
- Ensure that feedback is provided to all applicants as well as conducting an annual review of the preferred supplier list (ensuring that up- to- date terms and conditions are in place for all Agencies before they are engaged to work on a role and reviewing rates).
- Generate contracts and administer reference checks, work with managers and HR Assistant/Support to plan a structured induction, monitoring probation periods/ reviews for new hires.
- Guide managers through their organizational structure and recruitment requirements. Advise best practice but challenge the status quo.
- Supporting and ensuring that the payroll for the UK staff is processed and signed off within the required timelines.
- Assisting staff with payroll related queries
- Managing the company's pension and payroll processing and ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Coordinates the preparation and maintenance of regular and ad hoc reports, when required
- Ensures the collection, maintenance, backup, and privacy of data about employees and HR functions/programs required by HR and other company functions
- Performs such other duties as assigned by Director, HR Business Partner
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Demonstrable experience of handling employee relations queries
- Demonstrable knowledge of the obligations under Auto Enrolment and proven experience of working with an online pension's platform
- Profound experience of UK payrolls
- Experience of salary sacrifices benefits packages
- 3+ years' experience with relevant degree in HR, at least 2 years stakeholder management experience
- CIPD qualified minimum of Associate Level
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Culturally aware
- IT literacy, good understanding of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel)