£34,136 - £40,014 pa
Permanent / 35 hours per week
London WC1H: Hybrid working, with 40% of your time per month being office based.
As a key member of our People team, the People Advisor supports the ACU to sustain high performing and engaged teams which directly impacts on the success of the ACU to help us build a better world through international collaboration in higher education.
The ACU offers a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the higher education sector. We are one of the largest, most diverse international university networks, bringing together over 500 universities in 50 countries. Championing the power of higher education to improve lives, we support our members – and our people – in contributing to sustainable development across the Commonwealth and beyond.
As a People Advisor, you will take ownership of the entire employee life cycle, providing a high level of first line human resources advisory service to colleagues, including managing recruitment, learning and development and managing the administration of the payroll working closely with the Finance team, and providing advice on best practice and the application of the ACU’s employment policies.
This role would suit someone who is a HR professional who also enjoys the administrative side and the challenges of service improvement. You will have an aptitude for and experience in using HR information systems. You will have excellent organisation skills and be able to manage and deliver the full range of HR activities.
Who are we looking for?
You may be a People Officer looking at the next step in your career development or an established People Advisor looking for a new and exciting challenge; this role may be for you!
You will need:
- HR experience, with knowledge across the full generalist remit, with the experience of working directly with various stakeholders to provide timely and accurate advice and guidance.
- Willing to manage and undertake the full range of HR administration, with experience in providing a professional, efficient and effective HR administration
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships within the People team as well as the wider ACU
- CIPD qualification, or working towards a Human Resources qualification (or willing to work towards a qualification)
What to expect:
We see equality, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our mission and we value the many different perspectives that people from all backgrounds bring to our collective performance (you can find out more about our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and safeguarding on our website by clicking here).
We believe in investing in all our people and creating cultures in which everyone can thrive.
We offer a fantastic package of benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays (pro rata - part time employees) and 4 Christmas closure days
- Generous pension scheme – 5% employee contribution, 10% employer contribution
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
- Significant investment into your personal and professional development
- Regular social activities
- Health and wellbeing programmes
- Give as you earn charitable donations scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date – 26th June 2022
Interview date – 8th July 2022 & w/c 11th July 2022
If we receive sufficient applications before the closing date, interviews may take place earlier, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Interviews will take place virtually.