People & Culture Programme Director
- 18 Month FTC
- You will be at the forefront of cultural transformation
About Our Client
More than half the UK working population rely on The Pensions Regulator (TPR) to regulate their retirement savings. Everyone at TPR plays an important role in helping to keep more than £2trn of savings safe.
The pensions Regulator aims to remain a great place to work and they do all they can to help their employees reach their full potential with learning, secondment, and development opportunities. They put their 900+ employees first, supporting flexible working and offer a diverse, lively, and inclusive environment. This includes our Disability Network, Family Network, LGBT+ Network (Proud), Minority Ethnic (ME) Network and Women's Network, which offer spaces to connect.
Their new corporate strategy outlines a bold and challenging vision of how pensions regulation should evolve to keep pace with a change in the scale and nature of the industry. They are at the start of that journey.
They operate a hybrid working model, subject to government guidelines, where regular attendance in their Brighton office is required. Attendance in the office is team and role dependent.
The Pensions Regulator is looking for a People & Culture Programme Director to work in partnership with the Director of People & Culture and the Director of Change, to shape and deliver the People & Culture Strategy programme of work.
This is a complex and multi-layered programme of work, inevitably with a strong people and culture focus and orientation. This role will shape the programme and develop a programme of work for 22/23 and beyond to support the corporate strategy and to realise the stated programme benefits.
The role holder will hold influential relationships with key executive stakeholders across TPR to understand needs and expectations and then work with the Programme Manager and team to align delivery, governance, ways of working and methodology while ensuring that the required changes are delivered to the highest standards and within budget.
The role responsibilities can be spit into 2 areas:
- Responsibility for the overall management and programme delivery, performance, and ongoing client satisfaction.
- Lead Programme internal and external events including conferences, major planning events, team away days and broader organisation-wide meetings.
- Lead programme approvals internally and externally.
- Monitor all aspects of project and program governance and management e.g. planning, budget, risk etc.
- Lead programme management team and PMO.
- Lead relationship and contract management of external suppliers
- Manage internal and external stakeholders ensuring that all who are involved understand what is being delivered and how and then deliver in line with commitment
- Lead workshops with senior stakeholders, including TPR's Board, on issues concerning the programme.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for the role of People & Culture Programme Director must have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Programme Director on a similar-sized people and culture-orientated programme of work.
- Proven subject matter expertise within the field of Human Resources ( HR) and leadership experience of people and culture programmes.
- A high level of skills when it comes to stakeholder management at all levels.
This role would suit an individual with previous experience of delivering large-scale people and organisation or HR change.
The ideal candidate will be an HR professional who has directly managed a large, organisation wide, People and Culture transformation programme, either in a specialist role or in their capacity as an HR leader.
Ideally the candidate will have gained this experience in public sector and government organisation but this is not essential.
You must be able to work at the organisations Brighton offices when required. This is not a remote role and regular but flexible attendance in Brighton would be required.
What's on Offer
As well as a salary between £76,656 and £101,758, our client is offering:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPTJN0520225629979Z
Closing Date: 28/06/2022